PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all, from Absle

Absle
10-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Hey everyone, I'm Anderson, I'm from central Florida, and if you look at my profile you'll probably notice I'm quite young. I'm probably the closest you'll get to your stereotypical "new guy" as I have very little understanding of this sport so far beyond the general idea and bits I've picked up from reading. So, you'll probably see me posting tons of questions for a while. Anyone else on here from Florida?

raptor38
10-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Naples, Fl

Absle
10-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Naples, Fl

Haha, it's good to see another Floridian on here. I was worried that there wouldn't be much of a community for falconry down here. Are you and apprentice or...?

raptor38
10-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Yeah i know haha.. There are a few Floridians. I am a "pre-apprentice" I finally found somebody to go hunting with and learn from though! My goal is to have a bird on the fist by next year.

Absle
10-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Well thanks for the welcome, and I'm glad to hear that the sport is alive here in Florida. I'll probably get more into my research into becoming a falconer once some of my time frees in a couple weeks. Best of luck with your goal!

FredFogg
10-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Anderson, Welcome to NAFEX and to your quest to learn more about the art of falconry. I would suggest contacting one or both of the clubs you have in Florida and possibly attending some of their functions. You will be able to meet other falconers and arrange to go out hunting with some of them and see what falconry is all about. Good luck!

tampamatt
10-15-2012, 10:33 AM
No shortage of falconers in central FL. There's a small colony of us in Orlando.