PDA

View Full Version : Lost falconry bird in Tyler Tx

JMcElfish
10-30-2012, 12:31 PM
Hello, My name is John McElfish.....I live in East Texas (Tyler area)...while fishing on a city park lake today (Oct. 30, 2012) a large hawk swooped in on me....he showed no fear and appeared to be attractd to my artificial lure....he was wearing leather straps and bells......after taking sveral photos of the raptor, it occured to me he was a "falconry" flyer. However, to the best of my knowledge his owner was no where to be found.....is it possible this animal is "lost"? Is there a group in the Tyler area I can contact? Would love to give the owner some info to help recover this beautiful bird. jmcelfish@suddenlink.net

Thanks,

John McElfish

PeteJ
10-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Hopefully the moderators will be able to enhance this somehow so that someone that might have lost their bird will see it. Have you called the local game and fish department to see if anyone might be looking for it? Falconers will often alert authorities that their bird has gone missing to game and fish departments and potentially animal control. Thanks for posting the information though.

eminart
10-30-2012, 02:43 PM
There's a lost and found section here: http://www.nafex.net/forumdisplay.php?f=43 but browsing through, I don't see anything lost in TX.

Eagle Owl
10-30-2012, 04:05 PM
John,

I have sent you an e-mail. I can help track down the owner of the bird with some more info.

Eagle Owl
10-30-2012, 06:49 PM
Mystery solved. Bird was an immature RT and it was intrigued by the guy fishing and swinging something, so it went in for a closer look. The bird returned to the falconer when it was called. So not lost, just curious.

PeteJ
10-30-2012, 06:57 PM
Glad it didn't grab his fishing lure and get a bunch of treble hooks in his feet.