PDA

View Full Version : Hi from South Central Michigan!!

Jameswarner8907
11-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Hi Everyone!

My name is James (Some people call me J.T.), and I'm from Jackson, Mi. currently, I'm studying to take my test, and working on my mews in the mean time. I hope to have my test taken, and passed, by the end of 2012, given the world doesn't end. :P

I've always been interested in working with birds of prey, since i was a wee-un, and I'm finally in a place to actually follow up on my passion. :)

I also keep a few species of psittacines, and have been using ABA (Applied behavioral analysis) methods, and operant conditioning, in their training.

I love to garden, love almost anything to do with the outdoors, as well as a plethora of other things!!

Very glad to be here!!

James

Live2hunt2003
11-01-2012, 05:55 PM
welcome! enjoy the ride.

Jameswarner8907
11-01-2012, 08:22 PM
welcome! enjoy the ride.
Thanks!! I think this is going to be one hell of a ride. One I don't plan to get off of for quite some time. ;)

James

KidK
11-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Hiya JT. Welcome to NAFEX. (welc)

Did you join the MHC yet? We have a meet in GR in December. rtsqrl

Jameswarner8907
11-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Hi Kory!!

I haven't yet, but that's because i'm buying materials for jesses, anklets, etc, as well as working on the mews. My next check will buy my membership, since I kinda forgot about it. dohh

Karen has told me about the meet, and I'd love to attend that one, as well as the one in Feb. I plan to register for the one in Feb soon, so let me know what passing dishes are taken!! :P

Jameswarner8907
11-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Since I'm having trouble editing my post, I wanted to clarify exactly what I've been doing with my mews. I haven't been going overboard while doing it just yet, as I know I will need a sponsor to help me do it RIGHT, instead of me doing it by myself, with lots of mistakes.

What I've been doing is converting an old, single car garage (12 x 20 feet approx.). It's in some beater shape, I'm not gonna lie. I've taken the door and squared it back up, since it had a 4 inch gap under the door. Just Simple things like that. I will admit, I've put up a few sheets of fiberglass Reinforced plastic, albeit not very large pieces.

A little too eager, I admit, but what else am I supposed to do, when my brain is all studied out? :D I plan on stopping work soon anyways, so I can focus on passing my test by the end of the month.