PDA

View Full Version : What's up the double underlined Ads?

Saluqi
11-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Does anyone else get random words in posts highlighted in blue with a double underline, or is it just me? Maybe my computer got spammed with some sort advertisement creator? Kind of annoying!

falcipiter
11-08-2012, 02:07 PM
What? What?

It be your machine.

wingnut
11-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Yep, I get them too. In your post it has my computer underlined and highlighted in blue.

FredFogg
11-08-2012, 02:28 PM
It must be a PC thing! Get a Mac! toungeout :D

Lowachi
11-08-2012, 02:39 PM
nothing here, or on my work 'puter.

robhawkyyz
11-08-2012, 03:02 PM
on this forum i don't get it. on some other forums i do get it. not sure what the fix might be?

Chris L.
11-08-2012, 03:12 PM
It must be a PC thing! Get a Mac! toungeout :D

Damn you beat me to it ;)

Not sure what it is. What happens when you click the underline words? I am on a PC at work and I am not getting it. Also on my Mac at home I am not getting it there either. I am thinking its on your end as I dont see it at all on either one of my CPU's. It sounds like it may be some sort of spam software.

Let me know when you click it what happens.

Dirthawking
11-08-2012, 05:36 PM
clear your cookies and your cache. Also dump your history folder and it "should" go away. It is an advertising cookie that gets jammed into your computer on occasion. I get it every now and then.

FredFogg
11-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Yeah, click on it, click on it! That always usually ends up good! LOL frus) :D Seriously, don't click on it, it will probably create another problem. You can right click on it and look at the link and see what you can determine from the link.

robhawkyyz
11-08-2012, 08:30 PM
some forums support the key word ads but you have to go to the top left of the popup and go to their website to deactivate it for that site. nafex obviously does not have them so you probably have an application or cookie that caused it. delete them, they are annoying.

Saluqi
11-09-2012, 09:30 AM
The culprit was a program called "easyinline" it installed software called "Yontoo", if this happens to you go to add/remove programs in the control panel and uninstall it. It's not a virus or malware, probably picked up on FB.

wingnut
11-09-2012, 03:02 PM
The culprit was a program called "easyinline" it installed software called "Yontoo", if this happens to you go to add/remove programs in the control panel and uninstall it. It's not a virus or malware, probably picked up on FB.

Thanks Paul. That worked except on my PC (I'm currently using Vista) it was called QUIKLINX.