PDA

View Full Version : New member from Southern Ohio

Bdabuck
12-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Have always been interested in Falconry. Ten years ago, had a large RT get trapped in my screened in back porch. Beat his self silly trying to get out. Thought he was going to beat me silly trying to free him. Put on a welding glove, walked up to him as he was sitting on my grill. Wings spread, and beak wide open, I thought here it goes. Reached out to grab his legs and what do you know. It lowered its wings and relaxed. I fed it some deer meat and rubbed some salve on its bleeding head(where it was bouncing of the screen)and went outside to set it free. It flew to a pine tree a couple hundred yards away. An hour later, it was back on my fence. I fed it for a couple weeks. Then never seen it again.
Wanting to spend some time with some of you, so I could see if I am capable of caring for a bird of my own. Thank you. Buck

Dirthawking
12-03-2012, 12:10 AM
Welcome to NAFEX Buck.

Click on the link in my signature for a few good pointers on how to get started. Have you contacted your state club yet?

47CHAMP
12-03-2012, 12:23 AM
welcome aboard Buck!! There is lots of info here, and every time you read through some of it, you will come up with even more questions...It's already too late to turn back

poleyc
12-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Welcome to the site Buck. There are alot of good people on this site from around the world with loads of experience. Tons of knowledge posted so basically just get the search function rolling and it will answer alot of your questions. Good luck on your journey mate.

Bdabuck
12-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Thanks everyone. I am sure I will have plenty of questions. Yes Mark, I believe it is in my future. Want to do some hawking with some of you to see your skills.
I do (dog)

mickeyboy
12-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Hi Buck. Welcome to the crazy world of falconry. My name is Mick Brown and I'm the president of OFA. You should join the club so that you can have a list of the OFA members that you can contact for a day in the field. You can join by contacting Steve Pisarchik at 330-389-8939. If you have any questions you can call me at 740-359-1341.

Good luck. Mick Brown

BuckeyeDevil71
12-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Welcome Buck, I am a first year apprentice from Ohio... Good luck with your journey!

Bdabuck
12-11-2012, 12:34 PM
I will be contacting OFA today. Called ODNR, they will be sending me a packet to get things started.
Went on my first hunt sunday. Was amazed at it all. Wife is even on board with it. Beautiful FRT.
Enjoying the site for now. Thanks everyone.peacee