PDA

View Full Version : doubled this morning

thefishguy
12-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Got my first double of the season this am. Temps have been so warm, but she was very eager (1260g) this am so I traded her off the first rabbit. She then nailed a second within 10 minutes. And had some good lighting as well for pictures.

Thanks for looking
Chris

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8483/8241807814_aaa6ee5695_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8480/8241807942_4bc27e2f9a_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8068/8240740105_d68f812759_b.jpg

Lowachi
12-03-2012, 02:17 PM
nice shots, Chris. She seems to be telling you something with those eyes... <g>

REYNALDO
12-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Congrats. She trying to give you that I'm a bad mama look so watch out...lol

nycfalconer
12-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Nice job Chris! I went this morning and my rt got a squirrel. My apprentice Mike also took out his rt but the spot we went to with his bird didn't produce much and he didn't get one. His bird has only been flying free for 9 days and he has gotten 3 squirrels. The hurricane wiped out most of the rabbit spots on Staten Island.clapp

thefishguy
12-04-2012, 03:50 PM
nice shots, Chris. She seems to be telling you something with those eyes... <g>

Congrats. She trying to give you that I'm a bad mama look so watch out...lol

It is all about a raptors eyes for me. For me, they are more powerful than its talons!

Nice job Chris! I went this morning and my rt got a squirrel. My apprentice Mike also took out his rt but the spot we went to with his bird didn't produce much and he didn't get one. His bird has only been flying free for 9 days and he has gotten 3 squirrels. The hurricane wiped out most of the rabbit spots on Staten Island.clapp

Thanks Paul, how did you make out during the hurricane?

Chris

raptrlvr
12-04-2012, 04:02 PM
I tripled this morning with 2 young HH's. I was on my way home from Albuquerque and stopped in Socorro, NM for some oats for my friends horse. Flew a field near town until the store opened up. In about 40 minutes had 3 cottontails in the bag, 2 jack slips {young birds pulled off before hitting the jacks} and a quail slip. Female HH is a 1st year bird and male is a 2nd year bird. I'll remember that field the next time I am passing through.

thefishguy
12-04-2012, 06:10 PM
I tripled this morning with 2 young HH's. I was on my way home from Albuquerque and stopped in Socorro, NM for some oats for my friends horse. Flew a field near town until the store opened up. In about 40 minutes had 3 cottontails in the bag, 2 jack slips {young birds pulled off before hitting the jacks} and a quail slip. Female HH is a 1st year bird and male is a 2nd year bird. I'll remember that field the next time I am passing through.

Awesome. I was in Datil, NM last year for a mule deer hunt. What an awesome place. I saw a lot of jacks, and would have loved to have my bird with me.

Chris

raptrlvr
12-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Should have gotten in touch with me when you were in Datil. I am about 2 hours away from Datil, but, that is where I pulled my peregrine a few years ago. Next time your coming out let me know and we'll plan something with a few of the falconers from Albuquerque. Did you see any of the elk that is in that area. There all over the place until hunting season.

thefishguy
12-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Should have gotten in touch with me when you were in Datil. I am about 2 hours away from Datil, but, that is where I pulled my peregrine a few years ago. Next time your coming out let me know and we'll plan something with a few of the falconers from Albuquerque. Did you see any of the elk that is in that area. There all over the place until hunting season.

Will do. Our friend has a camp there. I saw plenty of elk and antelope, only saw mule deer at night on the trial camera. We even got awesome pics of a cougar every night! I was amazed with the landscape, it was awesome.

Chris