PDA

View Full Version : upgrading equipment

skooky20
12-08-2012, 07:59 PM
after many years of hoping and dreaming i finally was able to make the upgrade to marshall telemetry. the quality in it is just amazing to me, and i am glad i made the switch.

Goshawk635
12-09-2012, 12:19 AM
I lost a Scout transmitter about six weeks ago when I was on a three state travel fest for work. I did not realize it was gone until I got home. It had three weeks of constant use in it and then the six weeks of lying out in the field under sage brush. I didn't think it made much sense to drive 150 miles one way to look for it so I waited until this weekend to go hawking there again. I had reviewed the Go Pro footage so I knew roughly where it had gone MIA (between 2 fields). I planned to walk the fields and hope to get lucky. I was pleasantly surprised to find it pinging away when I pulled up. Located it quickly and set about hawking. It was on the double ping mode when I got there. Just really appreciate the fact that had my bird been on the wing for that long I would still have a signal.
I also left one on accidentally in Missouri at the end of the hawking season and when I was unpacking my stuff in the summer, I checked my receiver and low and behold the transmitter was pinging away.

I am impressed :)

Ross
12-09-2012, 07:26 AM
I recently bought a used field marshall receiver. Only had to use it once to locate a lost transmitter that got knocked off my redtail in thick brush. Compared to my previous receiver it quickly got me within a couple feet of the transmitter instead of within 10 feet. Made short work of getting the transmitter back. I really like it so far and glad I made the switch. I have been using Marshall transmitters for years [ I have 2 scouts, a Rt+, and now a powermax.] Right now there are people upgrading to the new UHF telemetry and many good deals on used telemetry equipment

Chris L.
12-09-2012, 10:23 AM
after many years of hoping and dreaming i finally was able to make the upgrade to marshall telemetry. the quality in it is just amazing to me, and i am glad i made the switch.

Congrats Chris on the upgrade, You will not be disappointed. Marshall is the only telemetry I use!

Big Foot
12-09-2012, 08:49 PM
...and the customer service from Marshall is in a league of it's own!