PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Missoula, Montana

M Hiner
12-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Started flying redtails in Eureka, CA on a bet. Falconry became a passion, trapped my first Peale's peregrine in 1954 back in the day when they were "Duck Hawks" and duck hunters shot them on sight. The last bird I flew was "Lady Ki", an Alaskan Gyr that thrived on waterfowl. I had to give her away when I left Alaska, the State of Alaska would not give me a permit to bring her with me to Montana.

Lowachi
12-10-2012, 08:43 PM
welcome ta NAFEX, M Hiner. The forum Police will ask you to sign your posts, first names enough, it keeps it friendly. You can find " signature how to" in your user cp-upperleft side, 2nd blue bar at the top of the page. I'm sure you'll find a few folks you know here. Enjoy!

Ally
12-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Welcome to NAFEX!
Nice to see someone else from my neck of the woods. Are you currently flying anything now?

M Hiner
12-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Hi Ally,

I am not flying anything right now but hope to this year.

flymt
12-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Welcome Millard,
I have hunted grouse in your area in the past. If I lived in Missoula I'd have a gos. What are you considering.

M Hiner
12-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Hi Rod

I've flown several gos (all hens), mostly for shoeshoes. I was never sucessful on Ptarmigan though. I will have to go through the fed/state licensing first.