PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Asheville area

passager
12-19-2012, 09:38 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new in this forum and I was wondering if there are any Asheville NC falconers in the forum willing to take me hunting or on a tour of their facilities. I am a hard worker and would love to get some hands on experience and I could help with your bird care and barter work for experience. I have read all that I can get my hands on and I love birds. I am an avid outdoorsman/kid. I love fishing and hunting.

Thanks,
Rylan

laj
12-20-2012, 05:31 PM
Hello Rylan,

Welcome! There are 4 falconers in the Asheville area and 8 within 30 mins drive. We went out for a quick hunt this morning, just barely beating the wind and rain. still high wind and wet tomorrow and possibly Saturday. We will be out again Sunday. Where are you in Asheville?

passager
12-20-2012, 05:44 PM
Hi Ling,

Thanks for the welcome I live in east Asheville at the moment, but going to move to Madison county soon. Do you know Robert? I think he may have mentioned you to me. I would love to meet you, and help out if I can.

Thanks,
Rylan

laj
12-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Rylan,

Yep, I know Robert, he lives in Mills River, about 20 mins from me. I hunt the west side of Asheville most days and near East side of Asheville (Swannanoa) on my days off. I would be happy to show you some of my falconry equipment. I am currently rebuilding my mews and starting to finish the interior. My schedule can change anytime, so no promises, but we are planning for Sunday morning( 9ish) if you want to join us.

passager
12-20-2012, 06:22 PM
Hi Ling,

I would love to go. Keep me posted.

Thanks,
Rylan

laj
12-22-2012, 02:15 PM
I plan to be out around 9ish tomorrow morning. I will most likely be hunting near the Kmart on Brevard road. Rylan and Rudi, if one or both of you boys can make it, please send me an email to lajudoka@hotmail.com or PM me so I can give directions. I will probably hunt this whole week, so don't worry if you miss this one.

FredFogg
12-22-2012, 05:44 PM
Man, I wish I had some brush beaters! toungeout :D

pungo
01-18-2013, 01:15 PM
I'll beat brush for ya!I'm 30 minutes away from you.
Tim

FredFogg
01-18-2013, 07:54 PM
I'll beat brush for ya!I'm 30 minutes away from you.
Tim

Where are you located Tim? Ling is near Asheville but I am from Winston-Salem. I am going out in the morning at 8 a.m. with a buddy to beat the brush and see if we can scare up a rabbit or two. Been crow hawking since Monday due to all the rain and ready to hit the briars. If you are near me and want to go, let me know.