PDA

View Full Version : Washington Falconer's Association Winter Meet

Goshawk635
01-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Reminder

The Washington Falconer's Association is holding its Winter Meet in Ritzville, WA on January 18, 19 & 20, 2013. Anecdotal reports indicate that upland game numbers are the best in 25 years and if the snow holds on it could be productive looking for those partridge/pheasant slips.

The following are the details:

Meet Hotel
The Cedars Inn
1513 Smitty
Ritzville, WA
509-659-1007 (Tell them you are with WFA to get the $59 rate no pet fee)

The Saturday Night Banquet is in the Banquet Hall of the Cedar Inn.

Cliff Kellogg is providing a slideshow presentation with a historical perspective going back into the archives of WFA and NAFA Meets. Back to a time when some of us still had hair on our heads.

Love to have you there. Please RSVP with your "in state" area director or PM me on here and I will get the info to our VP Ron Tuttle. Out of state falconer's are welcome as well. Just let me know you are coming with a PM.

Thanks

borderhawk
01-16-2013, 02:30 AM
Just wondering who all is going to this. While I'm up here in WA I thought I might like to go, but not sure yet. Kinda fishing for a motel room floor to sleep on and/or a ride for me/hawk/2dogs. I'd like to give my Arizona harris a chance to shine where there are no darn blackberry bushes. haha!!

Goshawk635
01-16-2013, 07:22 PM
If you can find your way over, we can put you on rabbits in less prickly habitat :)

Ally
01-21-2013, 01:20 PM
This is my favorite Meet of the year next to NAFA. :) Had a total blast!

Goshawk635
01-21-2013, 03:32 PM
This is my favorite Meet of the year next to NAFA. :) Had a total blast!

Enjoyed seeing you and Black Jack at the Meet. Didn't want to post any pictures without your blessings so let me know if I can share :)

Barticus
01-22-2013, 01:21 AM
Since I missed the meet, I would love to live it vicariously thru some pictures.

Ally
01-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Enjoyed seeing you and Black Jack at the Meet. Didn't want to post any pictures without your blessings so let me know if I can share :)

Share away! I will post some when I get home as well.
Please excuse the shabby tail in advance, didn't want to trash my only replacement in the scrap piles :)

Phil it was great to finally meet you, next to NAFA this was the most fun I've ever had!

Shokokuphoenix
01-23-2013, 04:14 PM
That was indeed one heck of a fun meet, and it was great to meet you Ally! I'm glad you have fun, and I'd sure like to invite you back for more! :)

PS: The post-banquet party in my hotel room (that went on until 1:30-2am) was absolutely epic as well, LOL! Take 10-20 tired falconers, at least five different raptor species, 10 homing pigeons, 5-6 gerbils and mix well with a little wine, whiskey and chips and salsa, and stuff them all into a 1 bedroom hotel room and you've got the makings of some legendary stories and good times ahead.

Goshawk635
01-23-2013, 05:33 PM
That was indeed one heck of a fun meet, and it was great to meet you Ally! I'm glad you have fun, and I'd sure like to invite you back for more! :)

PS: The post-banquet party in my hotel room (that went on until 1:30-2am) was absolutely epic as well, LOL! Take 10-20 tired falconers, at least five different raptor species, 10 homing pigeons, 5-6 gerbils and mix well with a little wine, whiskey and chips and salsa, and stuff them all into a 1 bedroom hotel room and you've got the makings of some legendary stories and good times ahead.

Remember what happens in Ritzville stays in Ritzville :)

SimoneBird
01-23-2013, 11:14 PM
I tried to "like" Phil's response. I guess I've been on Facebook too long today....