PDA

View Full Version : Final Version of State Regs on NAFA Website!

FredFogg
01-20-2013, 08:18 PM
On the NAFA website, under the About Falconry - Regulations - United States, I have created a page called Final Version For Each State of all the states that have converted their regs and have been approved. Some of the states regs were given to me in PDF format and I would rather have a link to the regs on that states wildlife website so please check your state and if there is a link, send it to NAFAWebMaster@n-a-f-a.com or let me know on here. If your state has converted and I don't have it on there or if you see any errors, please let me know.

Chigger
01-20-2013, 09:24 PM
This was very much needed, that you so much!

Tom Scheib
01-21-2013, 10:35 AM
Thanks Fred for all the work you do for NAFA.

mainefalconer
01-21-2013, 07:41 PM
Fred,

I'll second Tom's sentiments and add this... clapp

Honestly! Thank you. I will use this regularly.
You're a champ.

FredFogg
01-21-2013, 08:07 PM
Thanks Tom and Scott but no need, I am just trying to do my little part for the falconry world. I am not much on speeches but I have to say something and maybe this will motivate others. I grew up playing sports and my love was basketball. I played basketball every single day growing up and I loved it more than Peter loved the Lord. But when I found falconry 10 years ago, it really changed my life. I live and breath this stuff. And I came into falconry when there was turmoil amongst falconers and within NAFA. Sure, there has always been turmoil and always will, after all, we are falconers. But I asked myself, what could I do to help. I am not a leader, I am not good with policy, I am just a computer hack. And I was very displeased with the NAFA website and I figured my little contribution to the falconry world could be done through what little I know. And I mentioned to Larry that I would be willing to work on the website and as it was, there was a turnover of WebMasters and well, here I am.

And one of the things I have stressed to Larry and NAFA is a lot of the information was only available to NAFA Members and sure, some stuff should just be for the members but the NAFA website should be for all falconers and hopefully, it will encourage them to join NAFA. So I am trying to make things available that will help falconers. So I moved this information from the Members Only area (yes, it was already out there). And I see questions on NAFEX all the time from people asking about what do I need when I go to this state or that state. Well, hopefully, this page will allow anyone to read the regulations for any state and help them.

But to get back to my rant, find something you can do and help out. Not only for falconry and NAFA but for your community. The greatest gift we can give is ourselves!

mainefalconer
01-21-2013, 10:11 PM
Great post Fred. You know, it really is amazing that NAFA has been run entirely by volunteers for over 50 years. I think that fact really speaks to the enthusiasm and passion that so many of us have for this sport. NAFA is probably the most effective/active/successful/influential falconry organization on earth. Falconers are a fantastically talented and varied group of individuals. We've got folks among us that have all sorts of talents and are able to contribute in so many different ways. There is always work to be done for the association.

If anyone reading this is moved to contribute to the cause, and to help promote, further, and protect the avocation we all love, feel free to raise your hand and volunteer to join one of the many committees and working groups. (call me up and I'll put you in touch with the right folks) Or run for an elected position. We would be happy to have your help. Otherwise, you can contribute by occassionally contacting your regional director, or one of the 2 directors-at-large to offer suggestions, opinions or ideas. At the very least, you can contribute by simply joining up and paying dues. If you're a falconer in this country, and you're not a NAFA member, you're getting a free ride.