http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll64/sakerjack/003-23.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll64/sakerjack/004-15.jpg

Betelgeuse
01-25-2013, 03:01 PM
Very unique Ken! Well done, lovely!

sakerjack
01-25-2013, 03:39 PM
Very unique Ken! Well done, lovely!

Thank you Katy,, it is a different hood style for sure, my friend has used this style (maybe not as wild,art and color wise ) on both his gyrs and he really likes the style. As for most of my hood styles you love OR hate em which is fine with me, I love them, love using them, they fit great and above all else, I love making them for people who appreciate something a little different and unique as you say.
Wait till you see the "Unique" Hood saver I am working on, it will be unlike any you have ever seen..

Lowachi
01-25-2013, 05:42 PM
'tis bright. hehe.

sakerjack
01-25-2013, 06:17 PM
'tis bright. hehe.

That is funny, I just got an e-mail like 10 seconds ago from John Moran, his remark... "Sure is Colorful".
LOL,,

COMEAUX
01-25-2013, 06:37 PM
'tis bright. hehe.

EASIER TO FIND IF YA DROP IT:Dthumbsupp Nice Ken beeer

sakerjack
01-25-2013, 06:51 PM
EASIER TO FIND IF YA DROP IT:Dthumbsupp Nice Ken beeer

LMAO,,Good one...Just you wait, the colors I have coming will be BRILLIANT!!

gyrkin
01-25-2013, 07:19 PM
Nice one Ken!

Betelgeuse
01-26-2013, 12:32 AM
Thank you Katy,, it is a different hood style for sure, my friend has used this style (maybe not as wild,art and color wise ) on both his gyrs and he really likes the style. As for most of my hood styles you love OR hate em which is fine with me, I love them, love using them, they fit great and above all else, I love making them for people who appreciate something a little different and unique as you say.
Wait till you see the "Unique" Hood saver I am working on, it will be unlike any you have ever seen..

I'm looking forward to seeing that saver! After the arts of fit and quality (durability/craftsmanship), the rest is purely esthetic art.
What gets good to our eye.
Some of us like a plain brown wrapper, some of us like something that shows the maker's wilder sides and other talents--- carving, painting (whether it be perfect sheen/texture, marbling, geometric design, figure art, pop, deco, whatever), classical reproductions, and on and on. One thing that gets good to me is seeing something where I least expect it. Like Moran's intricate geometric designs with tribal and Native flavors or Jose's basket weave (who would have thought that could look amazing on a hood...and it does!), Trevarth's marble and granite, your textured koi and this hood... The brilliant colors and bilateral animalia are unexpected and the composition suits a hood for overall awesomeness. What's really cool about art like this (and Rich's or an awesome saddle maker) is that even without functionality and purpose it could stand on its own as art. But add functionality and purpose to your art and it becomes genius.

Keith Denman
01-26-2013, 12:48 AM
WOW!!!! I LOVE that Hood

Lowachi
01-26-2013, 12:48 AM
....Wait till you see the "Unique" Hood saver I am working on, it will be unlike any you have ever seen..

H*ll, I've seen the "elephant", you can ask Jack! I've seen most everything with him....:eek:;)ideaa

sakerjack
01-26-2013, 12:54 PM
H*ll, I've seen the "elephant", you can ask Jack! I've seen most everything with him....:eek:;)ideaa

That is funny as hell..

sakerjack
01-26-2013, 12:56 PM
Nice one Ken!

Thank you Gyrkin

Lowachi
01-26-2013, 04:32 PM
That is funny as hell..

Jack & I are glad ya liked it ;).