PDA

View Full Version : Desert Hawking Classic

raptrlvr
01-26-2013, 11:57 AM
Its Saturday morning and its raining at the Desert Hawking Classic. Enough to stop us taking the birds out to fly. The turn out for this meet is pretty small so far because of the threat of rain. Hoping the rain will back off to let us crazy cooped up falconers out to play. I did get the birds out yesterday and caught a jack. Plenty of game here.

raptrlvr
01-27-2013, 06:21 PM
Rained most of Saturday. Did get the Harris Hawks out for a few flights before they were too wet to fly. The little male caught a quail on his 3rd flight and then the winds came up just enough to mess things up. There were about 40 people for the banquet, although I was not one of them. Sunday, I checked out of the hotel thinking I might fly the birds on the way home. Just too muddy and standing water in the fields.

JChavez
01-28-2013, 02:40 AM
I was bummed I couldn't make it this year, after reading this I'm glad I didn't go. money was tight this year so I would have been really upset lol
Sorry to hear for that you were not able to fly much

raptrlvr
01-28-2013, 09:21 AM
Still had a good time and the club organizers worked their butts off.

slipjoneser
01-28-2013, 09:25 AM
Hopefully the rain will mean better jack numbers for next year!

raptrlvr
01-28-2013, 03:47 PM
There were plenty of jacks in the area along with cottontail and quail. Saturday I saw a whole bunch of jacks, but, the HH's were too wet to catch up to them.