PDA

View Full Version : Monitor/Ostrich Hood Saver

sakerjack
01-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Custom order, black ostrich with red monitor inlay with red suede liner. All my savers are entirely hand stitched including the liner and velco fasteners.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll64/sakerjack/004-16_zpsbbed18f4.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll64/sakerjack/002-29.jpg

Lowachi
01-28-2013, 11:31 AM
very classy, my friend. An eminent example of what can be done.

sakerjack
01-28-2013, 11:34 AM
I am sure your customer will be delighted, it's a lovely piece of work.

Hope so,,thanks Ian.

sakerjack
01-28-2013, 11:48 AM
very classy, my friend. An eminent example of what can be done.

Thanks Rich, I have just scratched the surface on where I want to take my Savers. There are so Many ideas that I have running thru my head I cannot wait to get to the next one. I know you appreciate (after looking at all your fine work) the work that goes into making something like this, especially the stitching by hand, there is a ton of it in each saver, never mind the expense of the leather and exotic hides I use.
Hopefully many more to come.

Betelgeuse
01-28-2013, 01:52 PM
Meow, that's very fine.

sakerjack
01-28-2013, 04:24 PM
Meow, that's very fine.

Thank you Katy, just showed the customer the photo, he wants more inlay, so this one is for sale.If interested please send me a PM. It is my large size for large falcon, redtail sized hoods.

Keith Denman
01-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Oh the beauty of such fine craftsmanship. That is just awesome. Magnificent.

Lowachi
01-28-2013, 05:44 PM
Otheron the 'lid' & possibly under the slot for the topknot, you don't have much. Unless the customer wants more intricate inlay. Hand Sewing City, here you go!;)

sakerjack
01-28-2013, 06:23 PM
Otheron the 'lid' & possibly under the slot for the topknot, you don't have much. Unless the customer wants more intricate inlay. Hand Sewing City, here you go!;)
You are correct Rich, but the customer wants more so have sketched out some ideas and we will go with more. Stay tuned.

sakerjack
01-28-2013, 06:23 PM
Oh the beauty of such fine craftsmanship. That is just awesome. Magnificent.

Thanks KD..

sakerjack
01-28-2013, 07:40 PM
Thank you Katy, just showed the customer the photo, he wants more inlay, so this one is for sale.If interested please send me a PM. It is my large size for large falcon, redtail sized hoods.

Saver is SOLD..

Lowachi
01-29-2013, 11:10 AM
Saver is SOLD..

well, duh!! dohh Of course it is!! and it wasn't even blue..;)

christopher.vly
01-31-2013, 12:35 AM
Nice work Ken! How do you hand stitch all that and not be crippled after it? I have trouble doing 100 or so stitches a night without my hands cramping up.

sakerjack
01-31-2013, 06:06 PM
Nice work Ken! How do you hand stitch all that and not be crippled after it? I have trouble doing 100 or so stitches a night without my hands cramping up.

Thank you Chris, there is a lot of TOUGH Stitching on my savers,, tough hides, (the shark ones I made were extremely tough) and awkward, trust me, my hands are very sore after making one. I take my time and do one section at a time.
I take a few Aleve pills , a few beers and a Hot tub after stitching. I tell my customers that making one is a love hate relationship,, I LOVE THE FINISHED PRODUCT,, BUT I HATE MAKE THEM!!!