PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Pennsylvania!

Cait8988
01-30-2013, 11:41 AM
Hello all!
I was just told about this forum after the first combined NAFA/PFHT meet in Lancaster. Pretty neat site if you ask me. Here is some background about myself.
My name is Caitlynne Garrity. My father Doug Garrity has been an avid falconer in Carlisle for 40+years. I grew up around hawks and the sport of falconry all of my life. Couldn't imagine not continuing. I am now 24 and soon planning on obtaining my falconry license.
Currently dad is flying 2 redtails. One is a moose of a female named Baby that smacks those rabbits! The other is named Rocky as his talons were worn when we took him off of the ridge from catching game on the rocks. He's little but quick.
I am excited to be a part of this forum and look forward to learning a thing or two wherever I can!

Caitlynne Garrity

Lowachi
01-30-2013, 11:46 AM
welcome to NAFEX Caitlynne. Haven't seen your father in many years, extend my hello for me.

Cait8988
01-30-2013, 12:17 PM
Dad says hello and we still have your peregrine belt buckle in the dining room! Mom says hello too... Ut oh! He just started telling stories! Do you remember running off the road in your truck in a snow storm in Garden City, Kansas? Look out.

Caitlynne Garrity

Lowachi
01-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Dad says hello and we still have your peregrine belt buckle in the dining room! Mom says hello too... Ut oh! He just started telling stories! Do you remember running off the road in your truck in a snow storm in Garden City, Kansas? Look out.

Caitlynne Garrity

yep spun out on black ice, ended up in a John Deere parking lot. was a long trip home from that meet!

falcipiter
01-30-2013, 01:59 PM
Caitlynne,
Back in 1980, your Father was (and most likely still) one of the most intense falconers I have ever met. He'd take out his Harris's with them perched on the back of the front seat of his sedan and the back seat was a thinck layer of mutes. In fact, the Carlisle group were one heck of a bunch of gamehawkers to say the least. Glad you are getting into the Art. You have a great start.

Cait8988
01-30-2013, 02:14 PM
Thanks Mike for the kind words. Much appreciated! :)
Also, dad says thanks Mike for all your hard work on the meet and on behalf of the PFHT in general over the past many years. He said you have the hawk he wants and if you're gonna trade your hawk in call him as long as it doesn't scream. He said he wants to get one next spring.

falcipiter
01-30-2013, 02:23 PM
And thank him for the kind words. It was a great meet.
The only screaming you hear are the rabbits that this Finnish catches!
The best way to get these birds are the ones that are chamber raised to hard pen. Also, driving out to pick it up helps. I found that if you drive to Iowa, pick up the bird, by the time you drive home, it is well manned and ready for work. They are a dream. If he wants to get one, I'll gladly ride out with him. Been there three times myself and more than willing to go again.
Cheers,

Cuz
02-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Caitlynne,

I met you at the meet hawking behind the biker bar at the meet. It was great to meet you and your family and hear the stories after about your father, his antics and his birds. Get out there and get your license. Good luck and good hawking.

royale26
02-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Caitlynne, we met at the meet as well. Your family and a small army beat brush on the last day for my male gos. I had a great time after the banquet, throwing a couple back with your pops as well. Before the seasons done, we would like you guys to come up north for a couple days hawking. Talk to you soon.

Cait8988
02-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Mark, don't worry. I will! The test is going to be available in Harrisburg rather than Huntington in May I have been told. That's all I'm waiting on.
Seth that was a great time! Thank you for letting us come along and be a part of the brush beating gang. Your gos was spot on. I'll relay the invite to dad. He tried to message you the other day when I created an account. Hopefully you got it. If not his account screen name is OLDEHAWKER.