PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Yorba Linda, California

Meade
02-11-2013, 06:38 AM
Hi everyone, I am Melissa, most call me Meade, and I am interested in learning about the life of a falconer. I have been interested in falconry since I was little and only recently have I thought about pursuing the lifestyle.

I live in Yorba Linda, California, which is near Anaheim where Disneyland is, and was wondering if there are local falconers I can get in touch with. I would love meet some new friends.

About me: well I will be 28 next month and I am married close to 9 years. I own two cats and love birds. I also love to draw, my main subjects are gryphons.

if you guys have questions about me feel free to ask!

~Melissa Dora

Lowachi
02-11-2013, 11:02 AM
(welc) Lots of CA falconers around here, I'm sure at least one will chime in. Check out the apprentice forum on here, it covers most ofthe FAQ's and will get you on your way. Contact your state fish & game & your local/state falconry club, in your case the California Hawking Club, tho I believe there is another as well.
btw, artists are usually well received around here, flash some of those sketches.

Meade
02-11-2013, 12:48 PM
I will definitely do those things! I can't wait for others around Here! I am excited!

I will post some art, I must find the right topic though first lol!

thank you for the welcome!

Kenny Ellington
02-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Welcome to NAFEX! There is a bunch of good people on here, and you can learn alot! Do look around, and you can find priceless info from people that live the falconry lifestyle. amennn

Meade
02-11-2013, 05:36 PM
thank you for the welcome!

Dirthawking
02-15-2013, 08:54 PM
Welcome to NAFEX! A good place to start is by clicking on the link in my signature.