PDA

View Full Version : 2013 FIELD ,ALAMOSA.Co

ukroper
02-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Info pretty sparse at the moment,..whats going on?..i.e. hotel (inn on rio grande?),..when is it open for reservations etc?..anyone know whats going on??..noideanoideanoideanoidea

Dirthawking
02-14-2013, 05:22 PM
There was info in the last NAFA email.....

Or don't you get those? toungeout

ukroper
02-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Strange?..didnt get it!!!...could yall message me it ..PLEASEEEEEE......haill

Lowachi
02-14-2013, 05:53 PM
I didn't either.....and my info was updated and checked prior to Jan 28th, so I don't know...ut it's on the website I'm sure....:D

ukroper
02-14-2013, 05:55 PM
and nothing on the website....confusedd

Dirthawking
02-14-2013, 07:22 PM
I swear I just got an email saying where it was being held and when you could start reserving hotel rooms, and that it is at the same hotel as last time.

Lowachi
02-14-2013, 07:55 PM
I swear I just got an email saying where it was being held and when you could start reserving hotel rooms, and that it is at the same hotel as last time.

where's Fred when ya need him......toungeout

COMEAUX
02-14-2013, 09:02 PM

You did toungeout same hotel new name Ramada Alamosa taking reservations May 1st peacee

JRedig
02-14-2013, 10:57 PM

Didn't the same email say that brit's are banned from this years meet?;):D

Dirthawking
02-14-2013, 11:00 PM

Something about hanging a flag where it did not belong...... toungeout

Gaz knows what I mean!!!!

NMHighPlains
02-15-2013, 12:36 AM

I did.

NAFA Meet - Alamosa, Colorado - 2013 Meet Chair Pete Rodas is hard at work already on the Meet slated for Alamosa during Thanksgiving week, November 24-29. The Meet will be held at the Inn at the Rio Grande. This is the same hotel that hosted the 2007 meet. The hotel will not start taking reservations until May 1. The rate will be $68 a night (plus taxes of course) and will include a breakfast buffet each morning. New Falconry regulations are in effect in Colorado since the 2007 meet, and there will be a Parks and Wildlife “group” import process for those that register birds ahead of time through the NAFA pre-registration process. Of course, health certificates will still be required. More details will be announced soon.

Lowachi
02-15-2013, 12:44 AM
I get bribed with scotch, I know nothingtoungeout

FredFogg
02-15-2013, 07:33 AM
where's Fred when ya need him......toungeout

At a meet in SC, will update the NAFA website when I get back home. Sorry! stupd

Lowachi
02-15-2013, 07:55 AM
At a meet in SC, will update the NAFA website when I get back home. Sorry! stupd
Morning, I'm sure it'll wait a couple days:D

Lowachi
02-15-2013, 08:53 AM
I didn't either.....and my info was updated and checked prior to Jan 28th, so I don't know...ut it's on the website I'm sure....:D
I was in error.....my e-account spammed it!frus)frus) Nice looking Journal btw

ukroper
07-16-2013, 01:36 AM
Right then guys...
Know the room rate is $68 +taxes
What is the total price per night inc taxesthumbsupp

Chris L.
07-16-2013, 07:23 AM
Right then guys...

Hi Gaz

Not sure of the total but I know if you haven't reserved a room by now it's not looking good to get one. All the rooms have been booked and there is a waiting list :(. Crazy how fast they all went

I was hoping another overflow hotel had been in the works but I am not seeing one. I may try and see if I can get a discount at a hotel like I did in vernal for the NAFEX members if NAFA doesn't secure another hotel with a discount? They may already have done this and I missed it?

Saluqi
07-16-2013, 08:21 AM
Right then guys...

Taxes are probably about $10 per night, give or take a dollar.

raptrlvr
07-16-2013, 09:10 AM
Chris, you might try the Riverside Inn or maybe its the hotel. Its just a couple of blocks down from the meet hotel and its right on the river that runs through the town. I don't know any thing about it, but, I saw it when I was in Alamosa this past spring. I was going to stay there if I didn't get a room at the meet hotel.

Ken S.
07-16-2013, 11:12 AM
Hi Gaz

Not sure of the total but I know if you haven't reserved a room by now it's not looking good to get one. All the rooms have been booked and there is a waiting list :(. Crazy how fast they all went

I was hoping another overflow hotel had been in the works but I am not seeing one. I may try and see if I can get a discount at a hotel like I did in vernal for the NAFEX members if NAFA doesn't secure another hotel with a discount? They may already have done this and I missed it?

I didn't book a hotel room yet either... so let me know what you decide. If we can find something that is easy walking distance from a good corner bar, that would be a plus. :)

Looking forward to it!!

NMHighPlains
07-17-2013, 08:43 AM
I drove thru Alamosa yesterday on my way back from Farmington via Durango and I'm pleased to report that it's still there.

I absolutely hate Hwy 160 from Alamosa to I-25. One lane, trucks, and hills don't make for pleasant driving in my book.

ukroper
07-19-2013, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE=Chris L.;294946]Hi Gaz

Not sure of the total but I know if you haven't reserved a room by now it's not looking good to get one. All the rooms have been booked and there is a waiting list , Crazy how fast they all went

Don't worry 'bout me daddio..all done dudepeacee

Hey Chris,the last time we were in Alamossa we went out to eat at a brewery there!!good food..good drink...
Don't know what ya thinking for the dinner this year,.but thought I would mention it:D
Heather will prolly remember where it is...being the sensible one at these ...''occasions''... dohhbeeer

Heatherg
07-19-2013, 06:09 PM
hahahahaha.....and yes I do remember where it was. The San luis Brewery!!! I am going back there....I need to replace my glass that broke!!! Ya'll arent invited :)

Lowachi
07-19-2013, 11:22 PM
hahahahaha.....and yes I do remember where it was. The San luis Brewery!!! I am going back there....I need to replace my glass that broke!!! Ya'll arent invited :)

gee, thanks a lot!!!

Chris L.
07-20-2013, 08:51 AM
I didn't book a hotel room yet either... so let me know what you decide. If we can find something that is easy walking distance from a good corner bar, that would be a plus. :)

Looking forward to it!!

Ken,

I am working on it now, I will post what I can work out beeer.. we are going to have a blast!!

Chris, you might try the Riverside Inn or maybe its the hotel. Its just a couple of blocks down from the meet hotel and its right on the river that runs through the town. I don't know any thing about it, but, I saw it when I was in Alamosa this past spring. I was going to stay there if I didn't get a room at the meet hotel.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the recommendation. I will check it out for sure. I have a few calls into some hotels now. I am sure I can get something worked out for a discount.

Don't worry 'bout me daddio..all done dude

Hey Chris,the last time we were in Alamossa we went out to eat at a brewery there!!good food..good drink...
Don't know what ya thinking for the dinner this year,.but thought I would mention it
Heather will prolly remember where it is...being the sensible one at these ...''occasions''...

Were you able to get a room at the meet hotel?

I will check that place out for sure. It sounds like a good place to have the dinner. Thanks for the info