PDA

View Full Version : hello from bakersfield

kfalcon
02-22-2013, 10:47 PM
Found out about this sport and fell in love. Now just reading more and starting my first steps

Venomlust
02-22-2013, 11:18 PM
What's your name, bud?

Bakersfield... plenty of jackrabbits around! If you can jump through the hoops and dedicate yourself to making it happen, it can.

Good luck!

A forum member put this post together on some things to do/consider:

http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?t=2007

kfalcon
02-23-2013, 03:48 PM
My bad guys. My names keith. Ive been studying for the test whendo I know that im ready?

Venomlust
02-23-2013, 07:51 PM
When you can answer the questions at the end of each section without flipping back, and when you can answer every question in the chapters without looking at the answer. The questions are essentially the same in the CHC study guide as on the test. Read it over and over and over until there is no doubt in your mind that you know the answers, it isn't too bad. This will also give you a decent foundation of knowledge to build on, which is the point of the exam in the first place.

It's also worth pointing out that the methods and info contained in the study guide may not be totally accurate, nor are they the only way of doing things. However, that's what you'll be tested on.

Another important thing to keep in mind is that you need a sponsor to become a falconer.

Joining the Cal Hawking Club, which costs money, will give you access to a contact list of falconers to get in touch with. Once you pass your test, they can help you find a sponsor. You can get along without joining if you already know falconers in your area, but in my opinion it's worth joining.

www.calhawkingclub.org

I'm only a first year apprentice so I'm sure the old heads can give some better advice, but it's a start! PM me if you have any questions.

Also, might as well point out that the moderators either want you to put your name in your forum signature or at the end of every post. They don't have a sense of humor about the rules, so make sure to follow them.

kfalcon
02-24-2013, 03:42 PM
Thank you for all the advice im going to get signed up for the chc asap

Venomlust
02-24-2013, 04:10 PM
Good stuff. While you're at it, you might want to post on the General forum here asking for any falconers near Bakersfield, CA. I bet at least a couple of people will know falconers in Bakersfield you can get in touch with.

Good luck!

bluejack
02-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Hi Keith,
Welcome to the forum.
If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

kfalcon
02-25-2013, 08:55 PM
Im 23 and single so ive got time to spare. And I just orered my packet from chc.

bluejack
02-26-2013, 12:40 AM
Hi Keith,
Good deal. Starting in 2014, the Dept will begin charging a $200.00+ fee to do a Mew inspection. Ild try to get your license before then if you can pull it together.