PDA

View Full Version : Found a peregrine in NC!

FredFogg
05-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Ok, you know you are a little addicted to raptors when you get a call the evening before about a raptor in someones back yard and you leave work at 7 a.m., drive home, load up your car and drive 45 minutes to look for said bird when you just worked all night and have a phone interview at 4 p.m.! frus)

So I drive to this ladies house and she tells me about this bird killing a crow in her back yard the day before and it had things hanging from its legs and looked like it was limping and they called some folks and they said to put a box over it and she said it flew off when they tried to put the box over it but was staying in the dead tree in the middle of her field. She said about 20 minutes before I got there the bird was mobbed by crows and flew off. She had put the half eaten crow in the barrel and I picked it out and attached it to my lure and started blowing the whistle and swinging the lure. Nothing for 20 minutes. I asked her what was that property I saw coming down the road with the fence all the way around and wide open and she said it was a rock quarry and said I could get in there as there was an office about 2 miles down the road with an opening.

So I drive down to the rock quarry office and go inside and explain that I am trying to locate a lost falconry bird and could I go over near the edge of the rock quarry and try and call the bird in and they said yes. Well, I go out and I swing the lure for about 5 minutes and am about to give up when I look all the way across the quarry and I see that familiar wing beat of what can only be a falcon. Here she comes all the way across the quarry. She makes a pass at the lure and the turns and comes down on it. I walk over and she is leaning back so I step on one of her jesses just in case and reach down and pick her up. She isn't too happy but lets me hood her and I bring her home and she ate 2 chicks off the fist and is now on the block perch on the table perch in my computer room.

So if anyone lost an adult captive bred peregrine falcon, let me know. I will contact Atlanta and see if they can look up the band number. I am off to bed as I have to get up at 3:45 for a phone interview, so don't even try and call me. LOL

A couple pics of the pretty girl.

On the fist all hooded.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/FredrickFogg/null_zpsf1c8e6a9.jpg (http://s261.photobucket.com/user/FredrickFogg/media/null_zpsf1c8e6a9.jpg.html)

In the giant hood for the drive home.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/FredrickFogg/null_zps5ffb5b15.jpg (http://s261.photobucket.com/user/FredrickFogg/media/null_zps5ffb5b15.jpg.html)

At home on her block perch, for now! LOL

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/FredrickFogg/null_zps6f1ea211.jpg (http://s261.photobucket.com/user/FredrickFogg/media/null_zps6f1ea211.jpg.html)

ice
05-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Fred
I often get calls to pick up birds of prey and when I get there it's always something else. But last year on my birthday I got a call that a guy had a falcon and wondered if I would pick it up, all the way there my kids were (laughing) wondering what it was really going to be.
When I got there and opened the box there sat a beautiful female Saker with 2 transmiters and a reward tag. I called the number and it turned out to be a friend of mine that flys a landfill about 60miles away.
I guess the bird had been lost for a week and they even took up a plane to locate it but lost the signal.
Sure is nice when you can recover a bird for a fellow falconer.peacee

Ken S.
05-08-2013, 01:59 PM
That's awesome, great work Fred!

Dennis Samnee
05-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Fred , Thats awesome!Can't wait to hear who's it is and how far it was from where it was lost!!!!
Keep us posted.
Dennis Samnee

FredFogg
05-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Still no word! I posted in the Lost and Found on the NAFA website, emailed and called Atlanta and posted on here but have yet to hear from anyone. I wonder what the procedure is if no one claims her. Since she isn't a passage bird, I would think I would get to keep her! :D

Dirthawking
05-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Mine!

christopher.vly
05-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Good Job Fred! I hope everything works out. The lady said the bird was limping, right? How does she look overall? Was she sharp?

FredFogg
05-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Good Job Fred! I hope everything works out. The lady said the bird was limping, right? How does she look overall? Was she sharp?

Looks fine, I think she just saw the bird walking across the ground and you know how funny falcons look when walking. She killed the crow and ate half of it before they disturbed her so she was catching stuff. She seems in good health. She wasn't too fond of me trying to feel her keel so I haven't pushed that. I fed her 4 chicks today, 2 this morning when I got her home and 2 right before I left for work at 6 p.m. and she wolfed them down on the fist.

PeteJ
05-08-2013, 08:28 PM
Maybe there is a serial number on the transmitter...might be easier to track that than deal with the data base of the feds. Business is ALWAYS more efficient.

FredFogg
05-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Maybe there is a serial number on the transmitter...might be easier to track that than deal with the data base of the feds. Business is ALWAYS more efficient.

It looks to be a Merlin transmitter which was cable tied to the grommet, not sure which model as I don't know much about Merlin products and I didn't take off the tape holding the battery in so I really didn't look for any serial number yet. I will check it out in the morning when I get home.

weathervaneman
05-08-2013, 09:36 PM
Some one is going to be happy.

wesleyc6
05-08-2013, 10:15 PM
Sometimes Ed will have a small band on it with a phone number on it and if you change the mounting method it could be covered with the heat shrink or tape.

FredFogg
05-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Sometimes Ed will have a small band on it with a phone number on it and if you change the mounting method it could be covered with the heat shrink or tape.

Thanks Wes, I will check for that!

Still no inquiries! Makes you wonder how many folks out there aren't on NAFEX and don't know someone else who is on NAFEX and who don't check the Lost and Found on the NAFA website (don't have to be a NAFA member to look at or use the Lost and Found on the NAFA website). confusedd

I know if it were my bird, I would be looking everywhere for any information on my lost bird! frus)

Lowachi
05-09-2013, 01:41 AM

Still no inquiries! Makes you wonder how many folks out there aren't on NAFEX and don't know someone else who is on NAFEX and who don't check the Lost and Found on the NAFA website (don't have to be a NAFA member to look at or use the Lost and Found on the NAFA website). confusedd

I know if it were my bird, I would be looking everywhere for any information on my lost bird! frus)

nothing on R-nest either..

PHILADELPHIA CITY HAWKER
05-09-2013, 08:42 AM
It seems soo simple to me , that the Feds keep record of the issued bands. If you want give me the band number, I want to see how difficult it is to track down the breeder and the owner.

I suspect this is a NE Bird and Altanta would not have record.

FredFogg
05-09-2013, 08:58 AM
It seems soo simple to me , that the Feds keep record of the issued bands. If you want give me the band number, I want to see how difficult it is to track down the breeder and the owner.

I suspect this is a NE Bird and Altanta would not have record.

Atlanta is going to check with the other regions.

Saluqi
05-09-2013, 09:09 AM
Nice recovery! Good luck finding (or not) the owner Fred. Can you tell from the condition of her gear if it looked like she was on her own for a long period?

As far as the feds tracking the band number, if this bird is either older than the date that her home state implemented the new regs, or she comes from a state that's not on the new regs, then the feds may not be able find her band number. I'm pretty sure it's only under the new 3-186a centralized system that there exists a database with band number information.

SadieHawk
05-09-2013, 09:14 AM

This could be a zoo or flight show bird. If it is from a zoo, they are exempt from permits and your region would not have a band number on file.

Maybe Kitty can post this lost bird on www.IAATE.org (http://www.IAATE.org) many flight show people are on there. I did not renew my membership otherwise I would. Also

Tanner
05-09-2013, 09:30 AM
Using the search feature on raptor's nest and assuming that the bird was lost in the east, the lost peregrine reports for the last few years are:

mike dupuy PA 2010
Rick Woods Ia 2010
Chris Lynn SC, 2010
bob leonard Pa 2008

FredFogg
05-09-2013, 09:48 AM
Using the search feature on raptor's nest and assuming that the bird was lost in the east, the lost peregrine reports for the last few years are:

mike dupuy PA 2010
Rick Woods Ia 2010
Chris Lynn SC, 2010
bob leonard Pa 2008

Who is the Chris Lynn guy? LOL

Quite frankly, I have offered to create a database and an online lookup feature for the Feds if they would supply me with the data to enter but I never got a response back. Go figure! :eek:

Tanner
05-09-2013, 09:50 AM
Who is the Chris Lynn guy? LOL

Well, he hasn't looked at this thread yet. And that would be good for you, because I bet he wouldn't care for her back..just sayin!

FredFogg
05-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Nice recovery! Good luck finding (or not) the owner Fred. Can you tell from the condition of her gear if it looked like she was on her own for a long period?

As far as the feds tracking the band number, if this bird is either older than the date that her home state implemented the new regs, or she comes from a state that's not on the new regs, then the feds may not be able find her band number. I'm pretty sure it's only under the new 3-186a centralized system that there exists a database with band number information.

Paul, she looks to be in really good shape. All feathers in perfect shape, anklets in decent shape, she had mews jesses on and one jess was broke and the other wasn't, which makes me think she was either attached to the fist by one jess and broke loose or some idiot had her leashed up with only one jess. But I may be jumping to conclusions and there might be a reasonable explanation how a bird got loose with one broken mews jess and not the other so I am not going to throw stones, yet! confusedd Oh yeah, she had a Merlin transmitter on her, the small one that holds 2 small batteries, not sure of the model number. I took off the black electrical tape that was around the batteries to see if there was a serial number or any other markings and there wasn't. I don't think she has been loose for long or she would have pulled the jesses out or they would have rotted off.

To be honest, she looks pretty darn good on my block so if no one claims her, it wouldn't kill me! LOL peacee :D

Picture of her jesses (which look too long to me, 11 inches) and transmitter.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/FredrickFogg/null_zps53669a54.jpg (http://s261.photobucket.com/user/FredrickFogg/media/null_zps53669a54.jpg.html)

I think she likes it here! :D

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/FredrickFogg/null_zpse4800b0e.jpg (http://s261.photobucket.com/user/FredrickFogg/media/null_zpse4800b0e.jpg.html)

Tom Scheib
05-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Way to go Fred.

PHILADELPHIA CITY HAWKER
05-09-2013, 09:58 AM

I'm not familiar with the paperwork for breeders, are they required to send in a separate report of birds bred and band numbers used ? Is there a separate reporting requirement other than filling out a 3-186-A when they sell the bird ? Are breeders issued a sequence of bands ?

I would like to see if there really is a black hole of missing information making it impossible to track the owner and breeder.

PHILADELPHIA CITY HAWKER
05-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Fred what is odd about the picture is that those are not field jesses yet there is a transmitter. Perhaps lost between the field and the mews. Someone that hawked crows with a peregrine in the Northeast. Eleven (11) inch jesses - stretched and not recently replaced. Any more clues ?

Tanner
05-09-2013, 10:08 AM
It's not Chris Lynn's

FredFogg
05-09-2013, 10:09 AM
I'm not familiar with the paperwork for breeders, are they required to send in a separate report of birds bred and band numbers used ? Is there a separate reporting requirement other than filling out a 3-186-A when they sell the bird ? Are breeders issued a sequence of bands ?

I would like to see if there really is a black hole of missing information making it impossible to track the owner and breeder.

Breeders are issued a sequence of numbered bands and there is a report that they send with the bands for us to keep in our records. We are not required to submit anything about which band we put on which bird until we actually transfer the bird to someone else and that is by the 3-186A.

Funny story about bands or at least, I think so. When my first HH chick was 7 days old and she looked to be on the large side I figured I better go ahead and band her. Well, I keep all the bands in a zip lock bag in one of the cubby holes on my computer desk. I go to look for the bands so I can band her and they are gone. When my house was robbed, they stole my computer and they must have seen the bag of bands and thought they were gold rings or something and took them. I had to call down to Atlanta and have them send me more bands asap as I needed to get this chick banded before she got too big. They were very nice and sent me some the next day. It was a tight squeeze but I was able to get a RW band on her, so I do think she is going to be a big girl. I went ahead and banded the smaller chick with a RV band since it looked to be a male and mom and dad kept pulling it off and I would find it in the bottom of the nest and I had to keep putting it on him each day until they finally stopped.

FredFogg
05-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Fred what is odd about the picture is that those are not field jesses yet there is a transmitter. Perhaps lost between the field and the mews. Someone that hawked crows with a peregrine in the Northeast. Eleven (11) inch jesses - stretched and not recently replaced. Any more clues ?

I don't know about anyone else but if I am perching a bird out on an open block, I put the transmitter on just in case. Maybe that is what happened. Or as you said, perhaps lost between the field and the mews. It had killed a crow so it knows how to hunt crows apparently. I imagine we all can and will speculate and will eventually know the answer or maybe not. I do know that if and when someone claims it, if they don't want me to spill the beans on what happened, I will respect their privacy. I know I would expect the same from a fellow falconer.

Off to bed, I will check my emails and this thread when I wake up.

PHILADELPHIA CITY HAWKER
05-09-2013, 10:28 AM
Fred, I was just looking at your original picture. The falcon did not have bells. An educated falconer, who flies in the evening. Most don't fly with bells anymore due to possible overnights. A few fellow Duck Hawkers are on notice.

If you provide the band number we can resolve this quickly.

NCFalconer
05-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Mine, mine, mine! I'll come get her this afternoon!!

Just kidding, Fred.

Nice job catching her! The owner is going to be really happy!

Why don't we just start our own database if the Feds won't cooperate?
"We" being the interested falconers on NAFEX. I'll help you.

PHILADELPHIA CITY HAWKER
05-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Fred its hard enough to get information from the Feds let alone you providing me with the band number.

Dirthawking
05-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Hey Jeff. Fred works overnights. Chill. He is probably asleep.

Lowachi
05-09-2013, 03:58 PM
Paul, she looks to be in really good shape. All feathers in perfect shape, anklets in decent shape, she had mews jesses on and one jess was broke and the other wasn't, which makes me think she was either attached to the fist by one jess and broke loose or some idiot had her leashed up with only one jess. But I may be jumping to conclusions and there might be a reasonable explanation how a bird got loose with one broken mews jess and not the other so I am not going to throw stones, yet! confusedd Oh yeah, she had a Merlin transmitter on her, the small one that holds 2 small batteries, not sure of the model number. I took off the black electrical tape that was around the batteries to see if there was a serial number or any other markings and there wasn't. I don't think she has been loose for long or she would have pulled the jesses out or they would have rotted off.

To be honest, she looks pretty darn good on my block so if no one claims her, it wouldn't kill me! LOL peacee :D

trans battery dead I take? was there a #? Might have to remove heat shrink

Picture of her jesses (which look too long to me, 11 inches) and transmitter.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/FredrickFogg/null_zps53669a54.jpg (http://s261.photobucket.com/user/FredrickFogg/media/null_zps53669a54.jpg.html)

I think she likes it here! :D

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/FredrickFogg/null_zpse4800b0e.jpg (http://s261.photobucket.com/user/FredrickFogg/media/null_zpse4800b0e.jpg.html)

batteries dead? was there a number? might have to remove heat shrink,

PHILADELPHIA CITY HAWKER
05-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Hey Jeff. Fred works overnights. Chill. He is probably asleep.

I must have just missed him, he posted at 10:15 am I posted just before and after. He will probably respond tomorrow. I'll hang till then and put the word out.

PeteJ
05-09-2013, 05:13 PM
We discussed that earlier Rich. He's going to do it later.

Falcon Boy
05-09-2013, 06:59 PM
I must have just missed him, he posted at 10:15 am I posted just before and after. He will probably respond tomorrow. I'll hang till then and put the word out.

He probably didn't post the band number because it's the only way the original owner can be differentiated from just anyone who tries to claim it.

If you lost a peregrine, you'd know about it. And from your paperwork, you'd know its band number. If he gives out the band number on the forum, then anyone could claim that it is theirs with no way to verify that it is true.

Dirthawking
05-09-2013, 07:02 PM
He probably didn't post the band number because it's the only way the original owner can be differentiated from just anyone who tries to claim it.

If you lost a peregrine, you'd know about it. And from your paperwork, you'd know its band number. If he gives out the band number on the forum, then anyone could claim that it is theirs with no way to verify that it is true.

A 3186a would prove ownership. Not yours, but from the breeder exchanging ownership. Just a thought. Two different names would be on it. Person from and person to. Still not fool proof though.... Honest people being honest and all....

FredFogg
05-09-2013, 07:08 PM

Noah, you are right on there! Jeff, I appreciate your wanting to help and I know most folks that have met me at the NAFA meets will confirm that I look like a smuck but I assure you, I am not. If I give out the band number, then the next thing you know I will be getting emails with folks saying its my bird, here is my 3-186A. See below. And how will I know if it is legit or not?

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/FredrickFogg/Fake3186A_zpsf0e6aeb3.jpg (http://s261.photobucket.com/user/FredrickFogg/media/Fake3186A_zpsf0e6aeb3.jpg.html)

I will wait until someone contacts me with the correct band number and go from there.

goose1
05-09-2013, 08:54 PM
Fred keep up the good work. I don't understand why any one needs you to give them the band number so the bird can be claimed. If someone is willing to admit they lost the bird and can produce the band number, they win the prize!! I wonder if Jeff uses this logic on the lottery tickets!! If so, I hope we can buy a power ball ticket together. Maybe we can bet on the Preakness after the race..

Al

garlock
05-10-2013, 01:50 AM
Have you found the owner of this lost hawk? I would be distraught. Anyone who flies without a nametag oughta be shot.

PHILADELPHIA CITY HAWKER
05-10-2013, 07:43 AM
Fred are you kidding me! someone is going to prepare and file a false federal document to procure this bird ?

Fred, you can verify that the 3-186 is legit by going to the state and Feds to veify that it was filed before it was lost. In addition you can contact the breeder that they purchased the falcon from to verify the band number.

I think your overly cautious to the detriment of the falconer that lost the bird.

Ok, so you don't want to disclose the band number, what have you done to locate the owner and what have been the responses?

Tom Scheib
05-10-2013, 08:10 AM
"Posted in the Lost and Found on the NAFA website" and he's given the heads up on this forum.

Others have checked out other Lost & Found sites.

In my world he's done more than he needs to do.

The bird is safe and being well taken care of. It's the owners responsiblity to put in some effort.

PeteJ
05-10-2013, 08:11 AM
I would say that if the telemetry doesn't have some sort of serial number, and if your state and the surrounding states DNRs do not have any 'lost falcon' bulletins and if the regional USFWS doesn't have any record of it, then you've done your best to cover all the bases. If the person that lost the bird really hasn't made any real attempts to get the word out via those obvious outlets, then maybe they just don't really want the bird back?
It used to be that state clubs or just falconers knowing other falconers would get word through the grapevine that so and so lost his peregrine yesterday, keep an ear to the ground. With as much technology that we have available now it seems that it should be easy to identify that this bird was lost (a form needs to filed), and of course the fact that it has always seemed to me that the band number should above all else have been recorded in a database in the first place. I often questioned why we were doing all this banding if they weren't going to take it one silly little step further to put in an accessible database...it would have been so easy.
But having said that, I have lost birds (actually had one bird picked up because he was friendly enough, and stuffed in a backpack) and they called into the regional USFWS and were able to get hold of me and leave a message before I was even home to check on it (I was still tracking him up to the point that he was driven up to me and I hopped him out of the backpack).

Steve Jones
05-10-2013, 08:54 AM
Due to the time of year there is a good chance this bird was lost some time ago, at least a couple of months. Heck, it could have been years. The owner may have given up on ever finding it. Also, it could have come from some distance away. You would think the USF&W would be able to just type the band number into a database and find the owner, but sadly in the past they have proven it's not that easy.

raptrlvr
05-10-2013, 09:51 AM
I lost a female peregrine with a Merlin transmitter on it about 3 years ago when I had my heart attack. I doubt this is the bird because I lost it in New Mexico. I am still in Pa and don't have access to my band info on that bird, but, will check it when I get home about a week from now.

hodgepodge
05-10-2013, 09:58 AM
I think It might be mine Fred I lost it a few day's ago over near Rock Creek Dairy. Band number: RW100492

xjturnerx
05-10-2013, 09:59 AM
So let me get this straight. Most of you believe that fish and wildlife and state game agencies should be taking the money for our licenses and taking all this time and bs they put us through to do something useful.......put the pipe down guys and check back into reality.

While I do agree I will never be so naive as to think it would happen. They keep little to no record and usually still haven't filed your paperwork several months after you have sent it in. And filing it means a brown folder with your name on it in a filing cabinet. Fred if the owner hasn't stepped up in say two weeks. Congrats on your new bird.

PeteJ
05-10-2013, 10:12 AM
So let me get this straight. Most of you believe that fish and wildlife and state game agencies should be taking the money for our licenses and taking all this time and bs they put us through to do something useful.......put the pipe down guys and check back into reality.

While I do agree I will never be so naive as to think it would happen. They keep little to no record and usually still haven't filed your paperwork several months after you have sent it in. And filing it means a brown folder with your name on it in a filing cabinet. Fred if the owner hasn't stepped up in say two weeks. Congrats on your new bird.
Well DUH!lol The thing if find somewhat amusing is that 'if ? then ?' is rudimentary programming and it would make their actual filing so much easier. If band number, then falconer name...tah dah! Or, in their case, if band number, roll the chair over to the file cabinet, open the first tier drawer, open each file individually, check for band number, next file, next drawer, take lunch, punch out, tomorrow is another day.

PHILADELPHIA CITY HAWKER
05-10-2013, 10:23 AM
I wonder if Jeff uses this logic on the lottery tickets!! If so, I hope we can buy a power ball ticket together. Maybe we can bet on the Preakness after the race..

Al

Goose1, I'm not a betting man, however as a friendly wager I will procure a power ball and lottery ticket with you if I can't find the owner within seven (7) days from the date I'm given the band number.

In additon, I will not disclose the number in any public forum. beeer

xjturnerx
05-10-2013, 10:34 AM
Well DUH!lol The thing if find somewhat amusing is that 'if ? then ?' is rudimentary programming and it would make their actual filing so much easier. If band number, then falconer name...tah dah! Or, in their case, if band number, roll the chair over to the file cabinet, open the first tier drawer, open each file individually, check for band number, next file, next drawer, take lunch, punch out, tomorrow is another day.

Pete you make it sound so simple but you know those rollie chair wheels get stuck on the carpet. And there isn't enough room on the folder tab to put much detail and sometimes the pens run out of ink. Cut them some slack man come on.

falcon56
05-10-2013, 10:42 AM
I think It might be mine Fred I lost it a few day's ago over near Rock Creek Dairy. Band number: RW100492

Can you not tell by the pictures if this bird has your equipment on it or not? Should be pretty straight forward I would think.

hodgepodge
05-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Can you not tell by the pictures if this bird has your equipment on it or not? Should be pretty straight forward I would think.
I prefer not to get my hopes up.

PeteJ
05-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Pete you make it sound so simple but you know those rollie chair wheels get stuck on the carpet. And there isn't enough room on the folder tab to put much detail and sometimes the pens run out of ink. Cut them some slack man come on.
Ok...where do I send the flowers again?

rkumetz
05-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Fred.
Just to be sure that you have my bird give me the band number to check against my records. :D

Ron

FredFogg
05-10-2013, 11:50 AM

Houston, we have a winner!

James, I am going back to bed, working night shift. If you want to pick her up today, be here between 5:30 and 6 p.m. as I leave at 6 to go to work. If you want to get her tomorrow, come in the morning around 8 a.m. or again between 5:30 and 6 p.m. as I have to work tomorrow night too.

And Jeff, KISS MY ASS!!!!!!!!!!!

JRedig
05-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Awesome, nice going fred!

rkumetz
05-10-2013, 12:11 PM
I guess Jeff is headed down to the convenience store to stand in the lottery ticket line. :D

PHILADELPHIA CITY HAWKER
05-10-2013, 01:52 PM
I guess Jeff is headed down to the convenience store to stand in the lottery ticket line. :D

Great Idea, Its 200 million this week , I'm going to use "RW100492", I think well have a winner!toungeout

rkumetz
05-10-2013, 01:57 PM
Great Idea, Its 200 million this week , I'm going to use "RW100492", I think well have a winner!toungeout

If you win take $30 and send it to the guy on the other thread to do a DNA test on his gyr. That way everyone can stop guessing.

Breeze
05-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Love it that this bird will soon be reunited with James. Good job, Fred! thumbsupp

Live2hunt2003
05-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Glad to hear we found the right owner, way to go Fred!

garlock
05-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Greetings, All.

I received an infraction because someone flagged me for not using my "realname" to sign my post. My surname is Garlock and it is unusual enough that I thought everyone knew who I was. My name is Don Garlock Jr. and I am a founding member and past president and editor of the Virginia Falconers Association, former SE Director of NAFA, NAFA Field Met Print artist (Cedar City, UT, 1987), and Graphics Associate to the Archives of Falconry since its inception in 1986.

FredFogg
05-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Greetings, All.

I received an infraction because someone flagged me for not using my "realname" to sign my post. My surname is Garlock and it is unusual enough that I thought everyone knew who I was. My name is Don Garlock Jr. and I am a founding member and past president and editor of the Virginia Falconers Association, former SE Director of NAFA, NAFA Field Met Print artist (Cedar City, UT, 1987), and Graphics Associate to the Archives of Falconry since its inception in 1986.

Hey Don,

Welcome to NAFEX! Glad to have you here! Usually when folks join they start a thread and introduce themselves, if you had done that, that is where you would have gotten spanked for not signing your post! LOL But no worries, just about everyone doesn't sign their post when they first join. Good to have you here and I hunt in VA often and hang around with that Lee chick up in the Blue Ridge mountains. LOL Click on that big NAFEX.net banner at the top and it will give you a list of all the topics and everything.

rkumetz
05-10-2013, 06:39 PM
Greetings, All.

I received an infraction because someone flagged me for not using my "realname" to sign my post.

"Infraction" ? Wow that is way to official for this crowd. Most of us couldn't even spell infraction before you got here. :D

Dirthawking
05-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Greetings, All.

You can blame me for that one. Just doing my job. I don't know every falconer in the world. :D

Welcome to NAFEX!

Lowachi
05-10-2013, 07:04 PM
You can blame me for that one. Just doing my job. I don't know every falconer in the world. :D

Welcome to NAFEX!

this one you should know toungeout. peacee he paints coopers!

rkumetz
05-10-2013, 07:04 PM

Welcome to NAFEX!

You may have a big future as a mall cop :D

Dirthawking
05-10-2013, 07:06 PM
this one you should know toungeout. peacee he paints coopers!

Well then!

You may have a big future as a mall cop :D

Kiss it! mooon

Lowachi
05-10-2013, 07:09 PM
clapp
You may have a big future as a mall cop :Dclapp
bwahahaha on one o' those 2 wheel stand up scooters.

Lowachi
05-10-2013, 07:11 PM
and did the Archives design/logo if I'm not mistaken.

Hi Don, been a few years.

oneshot
05-11-2013, 12:51 AM
Great job Fred!!!!! clapp firsts

Jim, glad you got your bird back.... amennn

Do we get to hear what happened??? confusedd

FredFogg
05-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Do we get to hear what happened??? confusedd

I will let James tell the story.

bobpayne
05-11-2013, 04:01 PM
I will let James tell the story.

Nice job Fred! The real story is you getting the hawk back to its falconer.

Who cares, James was removing his hawks jesses when she bolted, he lost the signal and the hawk, Fred retrieved it, way to go Fred!