PDA

View Full Version : New here, from Florida

mksecore
07-02-2013, 07:18 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Melissa and I live in Citrus County Florida. I am trying to get started in Falconry and was referred to this site. I have been wanting to do this for awhile now but haven't been able to take the dive but I think that time is near. I have experience working with birds of prey so now I just need to find a sponsor and take all the steps. Does anyone know of someone in my area, Inverness Florida? Thank you. Cant wait!

Melissa Secore

Yeomanfalconer
07-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Melissa and I live in Citrus County Florida. I am trying to get started in Falconry and was referred to this site. I have been wanting to do this for awhile now but haven't been able to take the dive but I think that time is near. I have experience working with birds of prey so now I just need to find a sponsor and take all the steps. Does anyone know of someone in my area, Inverness Florida? Thank you. Cant wait!

Melissa Secore
Hi Melissa,
I have not lived in Florida for a long time but I still care a great deal about what goes on there. I would suggest getting in touch with the Florida Hawking Fraternity FHF, Inverness, I'm not sure who would be closest to you.Doug Gleason over in Panacea is awesome and historical. Try him. Otherwise keep watching this forum and you will find someone suitable and close. Larry Schaffer in Ocala. You live in a magical state for falconry.
Eric

rri32701
07-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Hi Melissa and welcome to Nafex.Being July already its probably not realistic to get everything done in time to trap this year.However there are quite a few falconers in Fl..If you join the FHF and come to the picnic in Oct and the meet in Jan you wont have any problems finding a sponsor and you'll get invited out on some hunts and get all the help you need.Make sure you join FHF because there bad about returning emails to non-members.It takes 4-6 months to get your permit and the further into hunting season it is the slower the state gets.If you get to the Oct picnic look me up and I'll help you all I can.

mksecore
07-02-2013, 11:24 PM
Wow, Thank you for all the information, that was so quick, now I at least have a direction to go in. Thanks for the support.
Melissa Secore

Tom Scheib
07-03-2013, 06:54 AM
Welcome to NAFEX, enjoy the ride.

ericedw
07-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Melissa, glad you found the site okay. There are a few falconers on here in your area but keep in mind that there are only about 100 falconers in the state so you may have to travel a few hours to find someone.

If you don't hear from someone on here just email me back and I'll get you some contact info for people near you.

But you can certainly learn plenty about the sport on this site.

Breeze
07-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Welcome, Melissa! Enjoy your journey - it's a lot of fun!

passager
07-03-2013, 07:27 PM
(welc) to NAFEX Melissa!