PDA

View Full Version : New Member From Pakistan

Rizi
07-29-2013, 12:47 AM
Hello to everybody ! I am a Falconer & Horseman from Pakistan , I just became a member in Falconry forum ! I've been flying Gyr's , Peregrines, Goshawk & Bonelli eagle . I feel always very lucky, very thankful to God that i'm in falconry . I think falconry & Equine is not a hobby or sports , its a lifestyle ! Our peregrines in Pakistan , which we called them "Shaheens" very lethal, are pretty famous . People in Pakistan love raptors , in general we called them in our language "Baaz" .... I'm always looking for more suggestions & ideas to do better in falconry thats why i joined you guys .
Rizi

Indiehawk
07-29-2013, 03:19 AM
Rizi,

Welcome and thanks for jumping in.

Would love to hear what you flew the goshawks & bonelli at? Feather, fur?

Also if they were passage or other? Sounds like the peregrines might be your favorite?

Ross
07-29-2013, 07:24 AM
Welcome, I'd love to hear more of your experiences. Pictures are always appreciated. It is fascinating to me to hear first hand reports on falconry in other parts of the world. Is your horsmanship combined with your falconry, do you hunt from horseback?

Rizi
07-29-2013, 07:55 AM
Hi , First of all i really appreciate you guys...... Patrick & Ross for your quick response Thanks alot !!
My Goshawk is at feathers & my Bonelli is at both feather & Fur... my personal experience is that Bonelli's are the best in Falconry in eagles family . My Bonelli is a haggard !
My most favorite bird is Gyr , then Peregrine & then Gos & in eagles ........ like i said i lv Bonelli.....the best !!!
Its been a couple of years now i combined horsemanship with falconry & yes i do hunt from Horse back ! Its so nice to hunt from horseback... I love horses ! Soon i'll post my pics !!!
I like to ask you guys which birds you are into ?? How long you been doing Falconry ?

REYNALDO
07-29-2013, 08:16 AM
(welc)welcome Rizi! pictures here are always welcome:D

eminart
07-29-2013, 08:24 AM
Welcome aboard! It's always interesting to hear how falconers hunt in other countries.

I am only entering my 3rd year as a falconer. I hunt with a red tailed hawk and take mostly cottontail rabbits and some squirrels.

Indiehawk
07-29-2013, 01:16 PM
Rizi,

Been hawking since '97 but I wanted to be a falconer since '84 at 14 years old.

I've mainly been a goshawk and cooper's guy. I started with Redtails and managed to catch a few bunnies and pheasants from a soar with them. In utah I focussed on Feather with my goshawks.

I was lucky to know some great longwingers in UTAH so they kept me in tune with some long wing falcon stoops on ducks and sage grouse.

I'm a trapping addict. I was building traps this weekend in preparation for a new goshawk in august or september. I let my cooper's hawk go this spring.

Prey where i live now is mostly fur (bunnies and jacks) but I will travel for Pheasants and quail when I can and hopefully my nemesis the DUCK will be a part of our hunt too. I'm typically solo and have a hard time pinching ducks off water just right for my goshawks..............it's a work in process.

Yes pics would be great.

I'd love to hear the technique to trapping the boneli's and gos for your part of the world. If it's easy or hard. etc.

I envy your ability to add horses to the team. That's great. I like horses but so far my experience riding them is not so good.

Breeze
07-29-2013, 03:25 PM
(welc) Rizi! Look forward to reading your thread and learning more about how you work with your birds. I'm very much a beginner. Trapped my first red-tailed hawk last fall, he is molting in his mews now and we will be back out hunting full force this fall. We primarily hunt squirrels, but he took a couple of rabbits last season.

Good to have you here!

Turumti
07-29-2013, 07:39 PM
Dear Rizi,

Welcome to NAFEX! Do tell us more about your falconry experiences, especially training and hunting. We are all here to learn from each other, and would greatly appreciate your input, which I hope will include some photographs too.

Regards,