PDA

View Full Version : The Peregrine Club of Philadelphia Picnic

joekoz
07-30-2013, 08:56 PM
The Peregrine Club of Philadelphia held its summer picnic on July 28th at East Whiteland Valley Creek Park in Malvern, PA. The objectives of the picnic was to bring club members together for the day to discuss and demonstrate a variety of trapping techniques, and to declare the vision and mission statement for the club going forward. 27 people attended and the overwhelming consensus was that everyone had a great time.

Pennsylvania State Representative Duane Milne came to the picnic and spoke about next steps toward getting the peregrine delisted. Here is a picture of the Representative talking to
some of the group that attended the picnic.

http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad2/joekoz/PeregrineClubOfPhiladelphiaPicnic7-28-2013JPG_zpsb41acb2b.jpg (http://s916.photobucket.com/user/joekoz/media/PeregrineClubOfPhiladelphiaPicnic7-28-2013JPG_zpsb41acb2b.jpg.html)

sharptail
07-31-2013, 12:31 AM
Thanks for posting, Joe! Looks like 'my kind' of picnic, sorry I missed it. Anyone from the Penn. Falconry and Hawk Trust, attend?

joekoz
07-31-2013, 08:44 PM
Thanks for posting, Joe! Looks like 'my kind' of picnic, sorry I missed it. Anyone from the Penn. Falconry and Hawk Trust, attend?

Jeff:

A number of PHFT members did attend. They were all very impressed with the message from the State Representative who stated that the club's response to the PGC was the best they had ever seen. Further, he met and spoke with the Executive Director of the PA Commission that oversees the PGC, and indicated that the club was very warmly received and complemented for its organization and ability to work within the system in such a professional way.

All but one of those members of the PFHT who attended the picnic wrote checks and joined our club.

lxlMurdoclxl
07-31-2013, 11:16 PM
Joe,

Just out of curiosity, was this picnic published as an invited event?

I am not a member of The Peregrine Club of Philadelphia, but am a PFHT member. Also live pretty close to Malvern... Would have liked to attend to get the full picture.

For future reference...

joekoz
08-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Just out of curiosity, was this picnic published as an invited event?

Josh:

I joined the club using the on-line form on the clubs website shortly after learning about the clubs request for Peregrine take support. As an aside, I'm also a member of the Pennsylvania Hawk & Falconry Trust, and my practice is to join and be supportive of hunting and trapping organizations, and as a result I am a member of many such organizations.

As a club member, I received an e-mail notice about the picnic. Not sure about how invitations made their way to non-members.

lxlMurdoclxl
08-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Thanks Joe, I've been traveling a lot over the last 6 months... Must have missed this topic entirely...

I've found the website and am reading up. Thanks