PDA

View Full Version : New apprentice, longtime falconry lover

HawkinCrazy
08-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Hello!
My name is Dan Scrivener, and I have been an avid falconry fanatic for almost 12 years. It has been a passion that had grown into an obsession. I have been to many meets in Arizona, but with my life at the time, I was unable to devote the time necessary to be a falconer.
I also have just spent 4 years in the Navy working on metal raptors(f18). Before I joined the Navy I was a veterinary technician that has worked with all kinds of exotics from tigers to geckos. My passion and heart has always been with birds of prey. Now that I am out of the Navy, I am back to working as a vet tech at an emergency clinic.
I now have the time to truly devote to my passion and also have a girlfriend that supports my passion. I passed the new Arizona exam, found a sponsor, had my facilities inspected, and now am ready to find my partner. Any help and support in my journey would be very much appreciated!

Respectfully,
Dan Scrivener

Ross
08-11-2013, 06:02 AM
Welcome, Dan. Sounds like you have some cool experiences. Keep us posted on your first season.

Tom Scheib
08-11-2013, 08:46 AM
Good luck trapping and enjoy the ride.

MrBill
08-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Good luck, Dan. Arizona is a great state to be a falconer.

Bill Boni

wesleyc6
08-11-2013, 09:01 AM
Glad you are getting to realize your dream. Thanks so much for your service to our country!

HawkinCrazy
08-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Don't worry I will definitely keep a thread updated. Am planning to start a blog about everything too. Arizona is a pretty awesome place to hawk, lots of different quarry depending on what you are hunting.

The military thing must have been bred in since my mother, father, and brother were all in the Army. They always ask me what went wrong that I joined the Navy. Jokingly of course!

I hope that I will be a good hunting partner for my bird, but I know that any failure is mine. I just hope my failings are minimal!

Tyme2fly
08-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Good luck it is definitely a fun ride.

Breeze
08-12-2013, 03:37 PM
(welc) Dan! Enjoy your journey - it's a LOT of fun!

I grew up an army brat, my hubby is retired army, both of our sons served in the military (navy for oldest/army for youngest). Thank YOU for serving!

Look forward to hearing all about the bird you trap to become your hunting companion and the many adventures you will have together. :D ENJOY!!

Maverick976
08-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Welcome from a fellow vet. I hope to get where you are soon!