PDA

View Full Version : Been lurking for a while.....

jayb8008
02-17-2008, 03:14 AM
I've been a lurker on this site for almost a year now. Haven't posted til now. The only falconry site I have posted on is Apprenticefalconry (thanks FB) until now. I am in Rochester, NY and am a first year apprentice. I am flying a MRT which is my second bird. My first was a female and was lost to asper. Just figured I'd say hello and stop lurking and start posting.

sevristh
02-17-2008, 04:26 AM
Welcome to the site man! How many tree rats have you taken with your MRT? Is that mostly what you hunt? Or do you have bunnies there as well?

Chris L.
02-17-2008, 10:37 AM
I've been a lurker on this site for almost a year now. Haven't posted til now. The only falconry site I have posted on is Apprenticefalconry (thanks FB) until now. I am in Rochester, NY and am a first year apprentice. I am flying a MRT which is my second bird. My first was a female and was lost to asper. Just figured I'd say hello and stop lurking and start posting.

Jay,
(welc) TO NAFEX. I received your PM. I will let you know waht I have left..

I hope you are enjoying the forums. Thanks for saying hello

Please be sure to sign all your posts. The easiest thing to do is put your name in your signature box in your "user CP"

again Welcome

robhawkyyz
02-17-2008, 10:59 AM
good to have you here. i use to live up there in a little town Wilson NY... awesome country... apple , cherry, pear,and peach orchards everywhere. it's got to be some good hawking!

outhawkn
02-17-2008, 11:14 AM
(welc), glad to have you here.

Bryant Tarr
02-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Good to have you here! You can learn a lot--even by lurking--but even more if you pipe up and post. It's a friendly place, and no question is a stupid question. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences. (welc)

jayb8008
02-17-2008, 12:36 PM
We have tree rats coming out our ears where I am! We have bunnies too. We have only been hunting about a month now (1st free flight 1-12) and have caught 3 greys, 1 chipmunk and 2 mice/voles. (unable to get to him fast enough to see exactly what they were!) We haven't caught anything big in about two weeks now. He's been pulling fur like crazy. He nailed a ct the other day and went rolling with him only to get kicked off in the end. He's pulled fur on 3 ct's and on his last 4 squirrels, missing on all of them. I am gonna post about our slump in the forums and look for suggestions.

jayb8008
02-17-2008, 12:40 PM
Edited the sig btw. Is there also a way to change the time? I can't find it in the CP, but time is way off.

OK.....I found it. Just had to use my open eye.

everetkhorton
02-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Jay:
Welcome aboard! I also hunt sqr., never could get into calling them tree rats. I guess any game that can tear the )(** out of a bird get more respect than that from me. JMO. Have fun and post often.

chamokane
02-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Welcome, Jay. I look forward to reading about your adventures.