PDA

View Full Version : Hello From the far north (AK) needing info

AKarcticwarrior
08-17-2013, 06:44 PM
Hello there I'm John Bready, active duty army stationed in Fort Richardson Alaska. I have always been fascinated by birds of prey and has been my dream to become a falconer, however I cant find any organization info around anchorage to take me under their wing so to speak. Is there anyone on this forum that can point me in the right direction? Please anything would help a lot. Thanks for your time :)

Tom Scheib
08-17-2013, 07:11 PM
Welcome John to NAFEX,

Read the forum rules.......one of the things is to sign each of your posts. I'm sure you just missed that part.

There are several folks from AK on here........keep looking in and I'm sure someone will chime in. Best wishes. I'm an old retired Marine.

Breeze
08-17-2013, 07:41 PM
(welc) John! Best wishes for getting linked up with someone in your part of the world.

Thanks for serving in the military - you are appreciated! amennn

AKarcticwarrior
08-17-2013, 08:58 PM
thanks everyone and I appreciate the support! @ Tom semper fi brother

qball
08-18-2013, 06:56 PM
I'm an old retired Marine.[/QUOTE]

Tom,

In other words...you ARE a Marine. Thanks for your service.

John

arcticgoshawker
08-28-2013, 11:55 AM
Hello there I'm John Bready, active duty army stationed in Fort Richardson Alaska. I have always been fascinated by birds of prey and has been my dream to become a falconer, however I cant find any organization info around anchorage to take me under their wing so to speak. Is there anyone on this forum that can point me in the right direction? Please anything would help a lot. Thanks for your time :)

John, there are several falconers in Anchorage but you should first contact Thomas Schumacher in Fish and Game, he will direct you to what you need.

Gary,

Alaska

hcmcelroy
09-03-2013, 07:07 PM
John,

Thanks for serving our country. It can be a thankless task especially for those who have been wounded. I served during Harry Truman's Police Action.

You might also look up the national organization on the web. It is the North American Falconry Assn. (NAFA).

Harry.