PDA

View Full Version : New Girl from Savannah/Springfield, GA

raptorlady80
08-19-2013, 10:21 PM
Hi,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I've had an interest for years but its only been now where I am able to finally move forward and work on becoming an apprentice. I've been working with Wes through professional development for my work in how to do training and such with a red tail and I'm excited to say he agreed to be my sponsor. I'm currently studying for my test. I tried taking it several years ago but didn't know of the proper study guides and failed it by two points. I am hoping to pass with a much better score this time around. I live in Springfield, GA but work as a senior keeper at a wildlife center in Savannah, GA. I'm an avid bird lover, interested not only in falconry, but in photography, living history, and have been doing middle eastern dance for many years now. I hope to meet people and learn what I can in order to be a successful falconer!

Carrie Newton

wesleyc6
08-19-2013, 11:06 PM
Hi,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I've had an interest for years but its only been now where I am able to finally move forward and work on becoming an apprentice. I've been working with Wes through professional development for my work in how to do training and such with a red tail and I'm excited to say he agreed to be my sponsor. I'm currently studying for my test. I tried taking it several years ago but didn't know of the proper study guides and failed it by two points. I am hoping to pass with a much better score this time around. I live in Springfield, GA but work as a senior keeper at a wildlife center in Savannah, GA. I'm an avid bird lover, interested not only in falconry, but in photography, living history, and have been doing middle eastern dance for many years now. I hope to meet people and learn what I can in order to be a successful falconer!

Carrie Newton
You could have found a better sponsor to start with haha.

Chris_Proctor
08-19-2013, 11:35 PM
You could have found a better sponsor to start with haha.

Oh no, there's goes the neighborhood....good thing it's 2000 miles away from my neighborhood :-)

wesleyc6
08-20-2013, 05:46 AM
Oh no, there's goes the neighborhood....good thing it's 2000 miles away from my neighborhood :-)

Hehe poor gal

Tom Scheib
08-20-2013, 07:00 AM
Welcome and best wishes. Enjoy the ride.

FredFogg
08-21-2013, 12:57 AM
Welcome Carrie! Just remember that Wes is flying a canary, so what ever he tells you to do, do the opposite! LOL :D

wesleyc6
08-21-2013, 05:47 AM
Welcome Carrie! Just remember that Wes is flying a canary, so what ever he tells you to do, do the opposite! LOL :D

Ummm I think the correct term is canary eater lol

cwd56
08-21-2013, 12:27 PM
You've got yourself a great sponsor there.... if you can get him to answer his phone toungeout . Good luck and enjoy the ride, it has its ups and downs, but it's a blast.

Breeze
08-21-2013, 02:56 PM
(welc) Carrie! Hunting with a Red-tail is just TOO much fun! Enjoy!