PDA

View Full Version : the red tailed hawk by Liam McGranaghan

skooky20
08-21-2013, 07:31 PM
does anyone know if this is going to be reprinted. i just picked up a new apprentice and i require that they get this book and none of the suppliers have it. even buteo books says its out of print.

FredFogg
08-21-2013, 07:43 PM
There are a few for sale on Amazon at crazy prices. Mike's Falconry carries it but is out of stock. You might contact them and see if they are going to get anymore in.

http://www.mikesfalconry.com/A-The-Red-Tailed-Hawk-p/4003.htm

rri32701
08-21-2013, 07:44 PM
Well that's surprising.I agree with you on requiring an apprentice to get that book.The falconers apprentice is a good alternative if you cant find that one.Its paperback and lacks the nice color pictures but the contents just as good.

FredFogg
08-21-2013, 08:06 PM
I had to get both of them as an apprentice and American Kestrels in Modern Falconry! I would want my apprentice to read all of them!

eminart
08-22-2013, 01:05 PM
does anyone know if this is going to be reprinted. i just picked up a new apprentice and i require that they get this book and none of the suppliers have it. even buteo books says its out of print.

Just a suggestion, but you might try an inter-library loan. Most libraries can get just about any book. Granted, it won't be his to keep, but he can at least read it for free. I did this with North American Falconry and Hunting Hawks.

Breeze
08-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Just a suggestion, but you might try an inter-library loan. Most libraries can get just about any book. Granted, it won't be his to keep, but he can at least read it for free. I did this with North American Falconry and Hunting Hawks.

Scott, I did the same inter-library loan with N. Am. Falconry & Hunting Hawks, then recently purchased the newly released version when it was in the prepublication sale phase. AWESOME book set, but started out by simply reading a copy borrowed from the library. Good option! :D

Breeze
05-13-2014, 07:42 AM
FYI - to any looking for this book. There is a copy, near perfect condition, on eBay - item 201089255744. Opening bid was $20, someone has bid on it at that price. I don't know seller and have no dog in this hunt, just sharing info in case someone here is looking for the book.

Breeze
05-13-2014, 12:35 PM
Oh well! Never mind! The book was taken down and is no longer available. No clue.

Clanggedin
05-13-2014, 01:41 PM
I've been trying to do an inter-library loan for the last few months except there are only a few libraries in the US with this book and it seems they are all 'checked out' and haven't been returned.

I wish many of these authors would convert their books to digital format for those that want the info. They can reprint the book for those who like to collect them.

oldguy
10-24-2014, 02:39 PM
I have a copy of this book for sale. 2001 soft bound edition in excellent condition, signed by the author in blue ink.
No creases, torn or bent pages. From a non-smoking home.
I want to give NAFEX folks first shot at this book. Besides, ebay can be a crap shoot. Obviously I am not asking the foolish prices on Amazon.

I believe it would be fair to offer this book on NAFEX for one week. The highest bid will be the winner. I'll pay the shipping. I make no promises other than these. I reserve the right to decline any bids.
Please PM me with your offer if your interested. I'm not out to fleece anyone. I'd like to see this go to someone who will appreciate it.

Thanks for any consideration. Dan Sullivan.

oldguy
10-31-2014, 11:11 AM
Book is sold. Thanks.

Nimure
05-11-2015, 10:21 AM
As an apprentice, I am also looking for this book. If anyone has good ideas on where to find it, I'd certainly appreciate it.

460shooter
05-11-2015, 11:32 AM
Got mine from Western Sporting. Don't know if they still have them though.