PDA

View Full Version : Hi from across the pond

Neil Davies
09-13-2013, 01:44 PM
Hello, my name's Neil and I'm a falconer based in the UK. Looking forward to reading through your forum.

Quick question to forum mods I have produced an online falconry magazine can I publish the link on this site? If not - no problem.
Atvb
Neil

Breeze
09-13-2013, 07:42 PM
Welcome, Neil! Glad to have you on Nafex!

Neil Davies
09-13-2013, 08:54 PM
Cheers Deb

FredFogg
09-13-2013, 10:20 PM
Hey Neil, (welc)to NAFEX!

I am not a mod but I think I can safely say that you can post a link to your online magazine in a post but if you put the link in your signature, NAFEX requires you to have a link on your website to NAFEX in return.

I was on Facebook the other day and someone posted about an online falconry magazine and I went to and read the entire issue and really enjoyed it. I was going to post it here on NAFEX for others to see it and forgot all about it, so I am wondering if yours is that online magazine. I can't even remember the name or the link and thought I had saved it on my phone but I can't find it.

Anyhow, welcome to NAFEX!

Neil Davies
09-14-2013, 07:19 AM
Cheers Fred - link to my mag attached http://issuu.com/pursuit_falconry_magazine/docs/pursuit-sept_2013.indd

Chris L.
09-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Hi Neil,

Fred is correct, I do not mind a link as long as it is free and you are not posting to just promote the magazine. You must be an active participating member of the forum. It's not fair to the sponsors I have on here to allow others to promote their items. I do a favor to hood makers and allow them to have one thread with their hoods in them. I do this as I think the art of hood making needs to be promoted and the only way these guys can continue is by selling hoods.

Recently I had a gentleman on here trying to promote his movie and did it under the guise of using a poll and trying to get "input." He was a member here for 3 years and never said a word until that post and poll. He never contact me or asked ,as you did, if it was ok. BTW, I really appreciate you asking, thank you. His forum etiquette was poor and I could tell he was just doing it to drive traffic to his site. My forum is not here so others can make money off of me. I quickly asked him to leave and not promote his movie here. We have a great community and I don't want it ruined by those who try to take advantage of what we all have work hard to create.

Welcome to NAFEX, if you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kindest regards and good luck with your magazine,

Chris

FredFogg
09-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Cheers Fred - link to my mag attached http://issuu.com/pursuit_falconry_magazine/docs/pursuit-sept_2013.indd

Yep, that was what I saw on Facebook. Nice online magazine!

ptotten
09-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Very nicely written magazine, I enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next issue.

Breeze
09-17-2013, 02:02 PM
Very nicely written magazine, I enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next issue.

clapp I second this viewpoint! Very nicely done. Went in to check it out, with the thought that I might take time to read some of it later. Didn't work that way - ended up reading the entire magazine, cover to cover!