09-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Hi,

I've heard it's a nice place to be :)

I'm from Scotland and I do me best at flying a Imprint Goshawk beeer

Atb,Rab :D

RedFox
09-15-2013, 08:29 PM
Hey Rab,

Welcome! Hope your experience with the imprint gos is better than mine was!

Roger

Rab Marshall
09-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Hey Rab,

Welcome! Hope your experience with the imprint gos is better than mine was!

Roger

Alright Roger,

And thanks for the welcome my friend,I've flown a few imprint Goshawks and so far so good,in fact I'd go as far to say I wouldn't fly any other raised Goshawk
I like Imprint Goshawks,Bigger,Faster,Stronger firsts

Atb,Rab

Breeze
09-16-2013, 08:03 AM
WELCOME, Rab! Second year apprentice here, live in East Texas and fly a passage male Red-tail. Can't wait to get back out after the squirrels with Breeze! Enjoy your Goshawk!

Rab Marshall
09-16-2013, 08:36 AM
WELCOME, Rab! Second year apprentice here, live in East Texas and fly a passage male Red-tail. Can't wait to get back out after the squirrels with Breeze! Enjoy your Goshawk!

Alright Deb,

Thanks for the "load" welcome peacee my friend
East Texas and Passage Red,IT'S a different world from Sunny :) Scotland and a Imprint Goshawk Deb
Enjoy and have a safe season on them little BadBoys(Squirrels);)

Atb,Rab

frankdatank1989
09-17-2013, 01:10 AM
hey there rab, welcome to the site. Hows the weather up there? Been dreaming about visiting the home of my ancestors for a long time.

Rab Marshall
09-17-2013, 08:39 AM
hey there rab, welcome to the site. Hows the weather up there? Been dreaming about visiting the home of my ancestors for a long time.

Alright Frank

Thanks for the welcome my Scottish blooded friend :D
13 Celsius(at the height of the day)and sunny,we're still in Kakhi shorts and sandles over here,come join the party Frank :)

Atb,Rab

Tony James
09-17-2013, 09:35 AM
Hi,

I've heard it's a nice place to be :)

I'm from Scotland and I do me best at flying a Imprint Goshawk beeer

Atb,Rab :D

Welcome Rab.

You heard right. Nafex is full of knowledgable and courteous falconers. It's a very nice place indeed.

Best wishes,

Tony.

RedFox
09-17-2013, 10:15 AM
Hey Rab,

Do you raise your goshawks with food association or no food association? Have yours been screamers, agressive toward you, etc.? I tried one each way but still had nutty hawks once the weight was dropped. Glad to hear you've been successful with them!

Best,
Roger

Rab Marshall
09-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Welcome Rab.

You heard right. Nafex is full of knowledgable and courteous falconers. It's a very nice place indeed.

Best wishes,

Tony.

Thanks for the welcome(or is it a warning :D )Tony

And by the way,there's NOTHING pompous about your top tail tip mate,Falconers break feathers,END off ;)

Hey Rab,

Do you raise your goshawks with food association or no food association? Have yours been screamers, agressive toward you, etc.? I tried one each way but still had nutty hawks once the weight was dropped. Glad to hear you've been successful with them!

Best,
Roger

Alright Roger,

Food or no food either way it's when the weight reduction starts that ANY problem will occur(as long as you have handled her/him well(and when I say well I mean WELL))
Now I can't speak for others that imprint,well mannered,silent goshawks but I don't drop any weight so all is well on that front,NOW flying a fat Goshawk is another thing all together and for a limited few it would seem stupd
Have you ever heard some Goshawkers say they feel they're hawk has flown WELL(if not the best they have ever seen)whilst the hawks weight is on the up Roger? I believe them BUT flying a hawk in such a manor for a day or two within the season is easy,flying a hawk in such a manor each day for a FULL season,well that's another thread :D

Atb,Rab