PDA

View Full Version : New to Colorado Springs :D

JessicaCase
09-19-2013, 06:45 PM
Hello! My name is Jessica and I'm active duty Air Force, 23 years old, been in Colorado Springs for about 3 months. I've always been fascinated by birds, have had a few different parrots in my life, and have read countless books about falconry, both fiction and non fiction. I've known that I wanted to be a falconer since I was about 8, but did the family tradition and joined the military instead. Now I'm almost 6 years in and plan to do my 20, get that retirement check, and get out and pursue my real dream :)

I have gone to a few demonstration events, seen peregrines attack a balloon lure even (beautiful demonstration), but really I'd love to actually go out on a hunt with someone and see what it's all about! I'm not afraid of mud, brush, etc either :P

Let me know if you are nearby!

Tom Scheib
09-19-2013, 07:04 PM
Welcome to NAFEX. I'm sure someone from Colorado will pop up and introduce themselves. The NAFA get together will be in Alamosa this year and you can meet many falconers if you can find the time to visit. Good luck in the Air Force. My 3 sons all served, one just retired and one is still in the guard. Enjoy this falconry ride. Semper Fi.

JessicaCase
09-19-2013, 07:07 PM
That's fantastic news! I'll make every effort to be there. When will it be?

Breeze
09-19-2013, 07:34 PM
Hi Jessica! Thank you for your service to our country. You are appreciated!

Welcome to Nafex! I'm sure you will have a chance to get out with someone in your neck of the woods. Enjoy! Flying/Working with these birds is just too much fun!

andy hall
09-20-2013, 09:18 AM
The Apprentice Director for the Colorado Hawking Club is Roger Tucker and he lives in the Springs as well. You can contact him at Apprentice@ColoradoHawkingClub.com

Andy Hall

Chris L.
09-20-2013, 10:10 AM
Hi Jessica,

Welcome to NAFEX.

Don't forget that there is a NAFA meet not far from you coming up in November. Have a look here

http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?t=17666

happy hawking

Chris