PDA

View Full Version : Found Hybrid Falcon Ridgecrest, CA

Ryan English
10-03-2013, 02:30 PM
Found hybrid falcon near Ridgecrest, California. No band or equipment. I will try to post a picure of him when I figure it out. Please contact me with any information.

Ryan English
10-03-2013, 04:15 PM
https://www.facebook.com/#!/ryan.english.501/posts/378232005641421?notif_t=like

I cant seem to post pictures on here so if you follow this link it may take you to my facebook page with pics of the bird. If not, send me your email and I can email them to you if you think its yours or if you have a lead.

sharptail
10-03-2013, 05:51 PM
I wonder if it is an old Peregrine/Prairie from when breeders still used the yellow zip tie bands. Many years ago there was a rehabber that had one that she took to her local fair and told everyone that it was an illegal falconry bird because it had no band. Anyone who has dealt with the zip band knows that they only last a couple or a few years before they break off. Not a lot of folks breeding Pere/Prairies these days.

PeteJ
10-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Could be an intermewed Barbary X Saker and they wouldn't require a band to begin with. Some of those became abatement birds too.

Ryan English
10-03-2013, 06:43 PM
I was contacted by somebody who believes it to be a barbary x saker he lost a long time ago. We'll see. I thought it looked like a peregrine x prairie too Jeff.

sharptail
10-04-2013, 07:26 PM
I have an intermewed Barb/Saker. Doesn't look much like her to me.

Ryan English
10-15-2013, 11:58 AM
It turns out that the bird appears to be a female peregrine/prairie. We thought the owner had been located, but when he saw it said it was a female and definetly peregrine/prairie, he lost his male. So, anyone lose a female P/P?

Ricky Ortiz
10-15-2013, 02:40 PM
It turns out that the bird appears to be a female peregrine/prairie. We thought the owner had been located, but when he saw it said it was a female and definetly peregrine/prairie, he lost his male. So, anyone lose a female P/P?

It's a nice looking bird Ryan. Looks like you might have a new member to your team there.

Ryan English
10-15-2013, 06:22 PM
Ricky, my hands are full as it is. Hoping we can find its owner though.