PDA

View Full Version : Howdy From College Station, Texas

pandios
02-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Howdy everyone!

My name is Pandios. I am a junior at Texas A&M University and a History major. I am also a member of the fightin' Texas Aggie Corps of Cadets.

The past few weeks, Falconry has really been interesting me and right now I am at the stage where I am trying to absorb as much information as possible.

I live in the Houston Area when I am not at school for the breaks.

Pretty much, I probably won't be able to get into it until I have my own place. My home is not animal friendly (My father hates all of God's Creatures, Haha, whereas I am an animal lover.) And it being his house, you know..his rules. So until Im out and about in my own place I won't be able to start anything. So in that Time I hope to absorb as much information I can. Learn from people around Texas and just wait for that time when I can begin.

Bodarc
02-22-2008, 09:42 AM
(welc) Pandios!

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Lunaries
02-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Hi, Pandios!

I wanted, for a long time, to go to Texas A&M! The campus in Commerce is a really great campus, I used so spend all of my time there. Texas is a great state.

Good luck getting out and getting started -- I still live with my parents too, and they're not TOO thrilled about the animal thing, any animal at all...but they're wavering. I've extracted permission for Falconry, at least. But this place has a LOT of good information, and the people are awesome.

Chris L.
02-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Welcome to NAFEX. Dont hesitate to post if you have any questions. We are a friendly group.

If you need anything let us know

kenbro77
02-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Welcome from a fellow Texan, not an A&M fan, but a very good school. Any ways take in what you can and check out THA.org It is the state club website. I know of a few falconers around you, so see if you can hook up with any before they stop flying for the year.

http://smileydatabase.com/s/95.gif

wesleyc6
02-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Welcome from another Texan who doesn't know who to pull for yet. I guess since I am 15 minutes from Tech, I should be a Raider. lol

Lots of great falconers in Texas. I brought their reputation down a bit, but still good falconers.:eek:

chamokane
02-22-2008, 02:53 PM
Welcome, Pandios. What type of bird interests you the most at this point?

pandios
02-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

At this point it is still hard to say. If knowledge serves correctly I believe apprentice's are either allowed a red tail hawk and one of the smaller falcon species(forgot the name)

They are available to apprentices not so much for their ease but for the fact they are most abundant.

The falcon sounds fun. I also like the idea of going after air quarry which i read what the falcon does. Where as the Red Tail goes after ground quarry. So who knows! It all seems so exciting though.

robhawkyyz
02-22-2008, 06:37 PM
good to have you here. not that many of us in the houston area, maybe 10 i'm in Katy. get some books and a study guide for the exam and come join the warped minds of falconry in houston.

GyrXPeals
02-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Hey Pandios, there is a young lady at A&M right now that's flying a Tiercel Peregrine and a Kestrel. You might want to give her a shout. At least you'll get to see the birds and talk to a falconer. The Peregrine is down for the molt, but I think she's still flying the kes.
Send me a PM and I'll get you the contact information.
All the best,
Jeff

Howdy everyone!

My name is Pandios. I am a junior at Texas A&M University and a History major. I am also a member of the fightin' Texas Aggie Corps of Cadets.

The past few weeks, Falconry has really been interesting me and right now I am at the stage where I am trying to absorb as much information as possible.

I live in the Houston Area when I am not at school for the breaks.

Pretty much, I probably won't be able to get into it until I have my own place. My home is not animal friendly (My father hates all of God's Creatures, Haha, whereas I am an animal lover.) And it being his house, you know..his rules. So until Im out and about in my own place I won't be able to start anything. So in that Time I hope to absorb as much information I can. Learn from people around Texas and just wait for that time when I can begin.

tacatanach
02-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Hey Pandios, there is a young lady at A&M right now that's flying a Tiercel Peregrine and a Kestrel. You might want to give her a shout. At least you'll get to see the birds and talk to a falconer. The Peregrine is down for the molt, but I think she's still flying the kes.
Send me a PM and I'll get you the contact information.
All the best,
Jeff

Jeff, you never told me there was a second forum I could procrastinate on:D. Anyway, I'm in contact with Pandios, hopefully get him out hawking sometime this week.

outhawkn
02-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Pandios (welc)

Hope you have a great time.............

GyrXPeals
02-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Jeff, you never told me there was a second forum I could procrastinate on:D. Anyway, I'm in contact with Pandios, hopefully get him out hawking sometime this week.

Hey T, hehehe, I didn't know about this place until today myself. Way to go on Pandios, thanks for the help.
My best as always,
Jeff

Eagle Owl
02-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Welcome to NAFEX from a fellow Aggie! Gig' Emthumbsupp