PDA

View Full Version : first squirrel of the season

thefishguy
10-22-2013, 05:47 PM
I thought the off season was never going to end, especially with all the warm weather we have been experiencing in NY.

I find it amazing that after a 6 month off season, she was on a squirrel 10 minutes out of the hood and did not miss a beat!

A great start to the season!

Thanks for looking
Chris

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2833/10429008736_0fc09d8e98_b.jpg

beldinrt
10-22-2013, 06:05 PM
Congrats on the squirrel. The leaves have just dropped this week upstate also, so I hope to get out tomorrow. On another note I want to give you a pat on the back for your excellent article that was in the Conservationists October issue. It is probably the best article I have read written from the perspective of someone being introduced to Falconry and capturing the essence of what Falconry is about.

passager
10-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Wow congrats! You always take such good pictures!

Live2hunt2003
10-22-2013, 09:24 PM
Congrats......and good hawking....

nycfalconer
10-22-2013, 09:46 PM
Congrats Chris! I've only gotten 3 so far. Weather has been warm and still so many leaves on the trees that I spend more time looking for my bird that is only 20 or 30 yards away. I call October " Telemetry Refresher Month"frus)

Breeze
10-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Congrats on the squirrel, Chris! Really love your photo! Leaves. Our last hunt, I knew the tree my bird was in - but only because I could hear the tail bell. :eek: :D

awleaphart
10-23-2013, 07:49 AM
You need to take pictures for a living. NICE.
Anthony

Bryant Tarr
10-23-2013, 11:07 AM
awesome, and a GREAT shot! rtsqrlclapp

BestBeagler
10-23-2013, 04:04 PM
You do take some nice shots. Love your logo too, always did.

MrBill
10-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Wow, nice photo, Chris.

Bill Boni

thefishguy
10-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Congrats on the squirrel. The leaves have just dropped this week upstate also, so I hope to get out tomorrow. On another note I want to give you a pat on the back for your excellent article that was in the Conservationists October issue. It is probably the best article I have read written from the perspective of someone being introduced to Falconry and capturing the essence of what Falconry is about.

Still a lot of leaves here. Temps are finally dropping, so hopefully so do the leaves. I am glad you enjoyed the article. I do a lot of writing for the fishing world, and this was my first break into hunting. The original, and much longer, article first appeared in Fur Fish Game this summer. The Conservationist cut out the details of me becoming a falconer. I was happy with the edit they did.

Wow congrats! You always take such good pictures!

Congrats......and good hawking....

Thank you!

Congrats Chris! I've only gotten 3 so far. Weather has been warm and still so many leaves on the trees that I spend more time looking for my bird that is only 20 or 30 yards away. I call October " Telemetry Refresher Month"frus)

Yeah, I lost sight of her as soon as we entered the woods. I her the crash, and her bells as they rolled around on the ground. If you come out east, let me know.

Congrats on the squirrel, Chris! Really love your photo! Leaves. Our last hunt, I knew the tree my bird was in - but only because I could hear the tail bell. :eek: :D

Yeah, it is tough this time of year. But after such a long off season, it is tough to wait any longer!

You need to take pictures for a living. NICE.
Anthony

Thank you. I do a lot of freelance work (photography and writing) It is tough to make it a full time gig.

awesome, and a GREAT shot! rtsqrlclapp

You do take some nice shots. Love your logo too, always did.

Wow, nice photo, Chris.

Bill Boni

Thanks a lot for the compliments!

Johnathan hibbard
11-07-2013, 11:02 PM
That's a beautiful bird.