PDA

View Full Version : Coyote hunt 2013 Alamosa- Anyone want to go?

Chris L.
11-20-2013, 05:09 PM
I was thinking of bringing my coyote rifle and calls to make a few stands if the falconry isn't any good. Anyone else brining their rifles? I don't know where to hunt there but I am sure we can find a place to make a few stands?

Do they allow AR15's in CO? If not I will have to bring my bolt?

Dirthawking
11-20-2013, 05:37 PM
Never been but man do I wish! And as a gun guy you should understand to always bring both! :D

citabria
11-20-2013, 06:42 PM
you would hate for one firearm to feel left out:)

NMHighPlains
11-20-2013, 09:08 PM
We're not bringing a bird, so we might be up for it. Have you checked regulations to see what licenses are required for out of staters? I will, but you may have done the leg work already.

EDIT:
I just checked and it looks like an out of state small game is all I'd need: $56. Or I could do the 1 day for $11 and additional day for $5 = $16. Don't really want to pay $56 to hunt coyotes, but I'd go $16 for 2 days.

I'm planning on the Predator Master's hunt in Las Cruces in Feb, too.

JRedig
11-20-2013, 09:31 PM
That depends, is someone with an eagle going to join you? ;)

Chris L.
11-20-2013, 10:18 PM
you would hate for one firearm to feel left out:)

Mario if it looks like I can find a place to go I will let you know. I have some feelers out on a predator board so maybe they will hook me up.. and of course both will come ;)

We're not bringing a bird, so we might be up for it. Have you checked regulations to see what licenses are required for out of staters? I will, but you may have done the leg work already.

EDIT:
I just checked and it looks like an out of state small game is all I'd need: $56. Or I could do the 1 day for $11 and additional day for $5 = $16. Don't really want to pay $56 to hunt coyotes, but I'd go $16 for 2 days.

I'm planning on the Predator Master's hunt in Las Cruces in Feb, too.

Thanks Brian, yeah I saw it wasn't that bad. Lets see if I can find a place.

That depends, is someone with an eagle going to join you? ;)

Ha, no it will be falconry free.

Ken S.
11-21-2013, 09:27 AM
Count me in buddy. :)

Chris L.
11-21-2013, 11:33 AM
Count me in buddy. :)

You know it my friend.. Loading up the AR and the shotgun right now. We can hunt coyotes in the AM and fly some ducks in the afternoon. Then have a few adult beverages at night.. Heaven is that you calling ;)

Be safe in your travels... please text me when you land in CO and start to head that way. I should have some nice areas scouted out before you get there.

Chad L.
11-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Chris,

Your fine with your AR. Only restriction on semi autos used for hunting is that they can not have a magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds, so bring the little ones.

Lots of yotes down there so you should be able to slam em. Have fun!

I'm sure you've already looked this over, but just in case here is the link to the small game, fur bearer brochure.

http://wildlife.state.co.us/SiteCollectionDocuments/DOW/RulesRegs/Brochure/smallgame.pdf

Chris L.
11-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Chris,

Your fine with your AR. Only restriction on semi autos used for hunting is that they can not have a magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds, so bring the little ones.

Lots of yotes down there so you should be able to slam em. Have fun!

I'm sure you've already looked this over, but just in case here is the link to the small game, fur bearer brochure.

http://wildlife.state.co.us/SiteCollectionDocuments/DOW/RulesRegs/Brochure/smallgame.pdf

Chad thank you for the heads up on the magazine and the link. That helps for sure. I keep hearing the numbers are good there for yotes so it should be a good time

Any chance you will be coming to the NAFA meet?

Chad L.
11-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Chad thank you for the heads up on the magazine and the link. That helps for sure. I keep hearing the numbers are good there for yotes so it should be a good time

Any chance you will be coming to the NAFA meet?

You bet, better safe than sorry. Bobcat numbers are decent down there as well. If you can find a place to make a stand in an area with a drainage next to some AG land I wouldn't be surprised if you put the hammer down on a couple kitties.

I won't be making it to the meet. Just to much going on to break away right now.

Have fun!

*Edit* Cancel that order on the kitties. I just check and season doesn't open until Dec. 1st

NMHighPlains
11-23-2013, 12:22 AM
Chris, I suppose you found the BLM and land status maps?

http://www.blm.gov/co/st/en/BLM_Programs/geographical_sciences/gis/100kMapIndex.html

NMHighPlains
12-03-2013, 08:37 PM
So, how'd it go?

Chad L.
12-23-2013, 11:48 AM
So, how'd it go?

Ditto! Hey CHRIS! you shoot any dogs down in Alamosa?