PDA

View Full Version : Pics

GIShawks
02-28-2008, 01:34 PM
Went out with the a friend the other day who was looking to get a few shots of my RT. Figured I would post a link to them for anyone that might be interested and have a minute or 2 to kill.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scooter_sc/sets/72157603952935763/show/

Scott, the photographer, also has some other pretty nice looking photos on his site as well, if you like photography it is definately worth a look through his stuff.

http://www.lowcountryphotography.net/

If anyone is familar with the old sheldon church, he has some very nice shots of it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scooter_sc/sets/72157600228156966/

Chris L.
02-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Jason,
great pictures of the RT.. How was the season for you? I hope all is well.

thanks for posting the link, he did great work

GIShawks
02-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Season was well. Took me some time to trap a bird this year. After 4000 miles of running up and down the road, I finally trapped a bird 100 yards form the house at the end of October. She, I guess she, was 1325 off the trap and i flew her around 1000g. She is now getting fat and happy and will be released twards the end of march. No major problems this year like last. I guess this bird new better how to handle squirrels compared to my bird last year. How about yourself, your season turn out well?

Chris L.
02-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Jason,
You put some miles in for sure.. she sounds like a great bird.

I have had a great year and it is still going strong. I am car hawking the devil out of my male HH and night hawing him as well. I have had some great times at some falconry meets and met a ton of new falconers and made some great friends. Have had some good flights on rabbits and the ol bushy tail. I cant complain at all about my season. I look forward to more outings for sure.

If your ever my way, hit me up. Sorry we havn't been able to hunt much this year.. but there is always next for sure.. What are you thinking of getting next?

GIShawks
03-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Unless something drastic changes, like a move to a new house, I will probably just trap another RT. With the mews set up I have right now, I really do not want to have a bird outside of hunting season. I have my mew set up in my garage with a rubber mat floor. I have to take the mats out every week or so to clean them up, but in the off season when they are fed up, that can quickly turn into a every few days thing. That is something that I just am not going to commit myself to have to do. I would love to get into the HH’s, but that is just going to have to wait for now. Guess I will just have to go hunt with Trey and Wendy to get my HH fix. Have you hunted with them any this year? They are flying a cast of 3 this year. Action packed to ay the least. I would love to come up there and do some car hawking/night hawking. We hit a few birdges a few weeks ago with one of Trey and Wendy's HH. Lots of fun.

Chris L.
03-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Jason,
you know I need to get up with them. I would like to see the cast for sure. They are great people. Please tell them I said hello.

the offer is always there.. if you ever in town