PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit in the snow

thefishguy
02-05-2014, 10:30 PM
It has been real tough getting out this year in NY. If it is not windy (which it always seems to be), the temps are in the single digits. And if not tundra conditions, it is snowing.

We managed to catch a break in between storms this week and thought I would share the pic.

Thanks for looking
Chris

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2844/12333802695_e12b8432fb_b.jpg

chinhook11
02-05-2014, 11:58 PM
Great pic,Sounds like the weather were having in ohio!

thefishguy
02-08-2014, 01:31 PM
Great pic,Sounds like the weather were having in ohio!

Thanks! I wish it would end soon!

keitht
02-08-2014, 01:39 PM
What camera and lens? It has nice detail.

thefishguy
02-10-2014, 08:27 PM
What camera and lens? It has nice detail.

Thanks. I shoot with a Canon 7D. This particular shot was with the 18-135mm.

Chris

bkdegraw
05-29-2014, 11:54 AM
You do take some really nice photos. I run large-format aerial mapping cameras (film and digital) and only became interested in wildlife photography at about the same time I became interested in falconry....about three years ago....so I am inspired and challenged by some of the great photos I've seen, knowing how difficult it can be to capture the images and moments that we as falconers live for.
During my pre-apprentice seasons I carried my camera and got some fairly good shots but this past season being my first as an apprentice I was too busy learning, to do any shooting except for a few quick shots with my phone :-) Any tips you might have for getting great shots while hunting would be appreciated!

thefishguy
05-29-2014, 10:19 PM
You do take some really nice photos. I run large-format aerial mapping cameras (film and digital) and only became interested in wildlife photography at about the same time I became interested in falconry....about three years ago....so I am inspired and challenged by some of the great photos I've seen, knowing how difficult it can be to capture the images and moments that we as falconers live for.
During my pre-apprentice seasons I carried my camera and got some fairly good shots but this past season being my first as an apprentice I was too busy learning, to do any shooting except for a few quick shots with my phone :-) Any tips you might have for getting great shots while hunting would be appreciated!

Thank you! With everything going on while flying a bird, it is tough to get action pics of my own bird. Most pics of my RT are on a kill. When I take flight pics of my bird, I usually recruit a friend (which is never difficult) to come along. After the hunt I will give them a glove and have them call my RT to their fist as I take pics. Otherwise I go with my friends as often as I can and take pics of their birds. More times than not, I go home with out a wall hanger pic. The more time put in, the better the odds are of being in the right place at the right time. This is one of my favorite moments

https://www.facebook.com/fishguyphotos/photos/a.188500814527726.45752.140298802681261/189193554458452/?type=3&theater

Taking pics of other's birds makes learning a lot easier!

bkdegraw
05-30-2014, 09:10 AM
WOW...yes, that is one incredible photo! So many things to notice; the lighting and detail, perfect focus, and the expressions of both animals. The squirrel with that "OH!" (was probably followed by "......SHIT!"), man that's priceless.

HannahSue
09-17-2014, 12:47 PM
What a gorgeous shot!! The intensity of the bird is beautiful to see.

thefishguy
09-17-2014, 07:35 PM
What a gorgeous shot!! The intensity of the bird is beautiful to see.

thank you!
Chris