View Full Version : Hello from Oklahoma

Red Earth
03-22-2014, 11:58 AM
Hello all....

I am finally at the point of my life where I can pursue this great sport. I have been reading about everything I can get my hands on and recently, was lucky enough...after quite some time, to find a sponsor very close by.

I have to admit..... there is a bit of anxiety in preparing for the test. It's been a year or two since I was in school! lol I am lucky to have my hunting partner, bestest bud and wife (all in one) helping me study. She is as excited and interested as I am.

I have enjoyed reading this site lately...thanks for all the information.

Just have to get to OKC and take a test to get the ball rolling!

P

sharptail
03-22-2014, 05:09 PM
Welcome Phil,
It is a lot of work to start but well worth it once you get through the beginners hoops. I personally would like to see a little less regulation on beginners but those people that will go through the process are proven to have dedication to the lifestyle. It sounds like your wife should jump in also!

Red Earth
03-24-2014, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the welcome Jeff. We are used to the hoops... paying dues is part of the initiation. We have been through it with our Field trial dogs and our Deutsch Kurzhaars.

I think my wife plans on taking the test as well. Like I mentioned, I'm lucky to have my wife interested in most of my hobbies. Aside from being a heck of hunter and a great artist! (my avatar is one of her pieces) she helps me with my business as well as being a Theriogenologist/Veterinarian.

P

sharptail
03-24-2014, 05:08 PM
Excellent! My daughter has been working at a Vet Hospital for some years now and has gotten into A.I. of dogs. She has lifelong experience in falconry so is of great value there as they do a lot of raptor related work, like P fund birds, falconer's birds and wild based raptor rehab. Somewhat recently the owner, has been learning(taking classes) eye surgery in raptors.

Your wife's art looks pretty good! Perhaps she will post some of her work?

piscivoris
03-25-2014, 02:05 PM
Your wife and 0ne other now make 2 Ob/gyn vets I am aware of.

I am always amazed at the variety of folks that take up Falconry.
Everyone from Philosophers, to Hawk stoned dropouts.
I am not sure very many other lifestyles can claim that Distinction?

Welcome again, and good luck in pursuit of your goal.