PDA

View Full Version : miami falconry

angelofl
05-18-2014, 10:01 PM
hello , my name is angelo i born in miami but i lived in peru were i learn a lot of thing about how to be came a falconry . i would like to contact people to helps them volunteers because i want to learn more of this sport a have been practice for 3 year so i have some experience i apriaciate your time if some one can contact me if you need help o if someone culd helpme to get my license please.

ericedw
05-20-2014, 03:46 PM
Angelo,

There are several members from S. Florida on this site, hopefully someone will contact you.

thegreendevil76
05-21-2014, 12:17 AM
Contact the Florida Hawking Fraternity. They should be able to help you find a few falconers in South Florida

jyoshikay
05-21-2014, 01:21 AM
Hello Angelo,

Where in Peru are you from? Who did you fly with? I am originally from Lima so I am just curious.

Thanks,

Juan

angelofl
05-28-2014, 12:39 PM
hello juan,
i had been living in lima but i born here. is a pleasure for me to know someone from lima and had the same hobby as me, it will be a pleasure to meet us because with can share information if you can send me a friend request in facebook to Angelo Franceza i will accept and open to talk with you.

Angelo franceza

Markbordenmd
05-30-2014, 10:46 AM
Hello fellow falconers!

I have been looking for a group to which I can address such questions as; "Does anyone have a proven Harris that needs a mate?" I have a 4 year old tiercel that is the best (of three) that I have flown.

I have been hunting hard with hawks, falcons, and for the last 2 seasons...Great Horned Owls, for 38 years. I can't put numbers of game taken in print, but my spouse has sworn never to eat another rabbit after being fed through college and medical school by my casts of Harris Hawks, and hound.

This season I have just had the great privilege of rappeling down to a peregrine eyrie...and taking a ~10 day old eyass! When I was a teenager growing up in San Diego I never would have dreamed such a thing would someday be possible. Thank you to the falconers and biologists that have brought back these beautiful birds from the brink of disaster.

Though falconry for me is mostly time afield with just my bird/s and dog, it is nice to have others with which to to share experiences and new ideas.

I can also share some medical knowledge with my fellow falconers. Last year I published the book "Medical Wisdom." The basic tenets of wounds and infection should enrich the understanding and abilities of falconers...who deal with the real world, and all of it's uneven surfaces and sharp edges, on a daily basis. See the book on Amazon, or I can send you a signed copy from my website www.windroseenterprises.com (http://www.windroseenterprises.com)

Good Hawking!

Mark Borden MD
Coupeville, WA.
360-632-7484