PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Washington

Cy.MacGregor
06-27-2014, 12:05 PM
Hola, I'm an apprentice in Washington state. California born and bred; spent a few years in Massachusetts and North Carolina before hopping back to the west coast. Been working with raptors since I was 12 or so; I'm finally a formal apprentice at 21. I have a background in natural history education, outreach, and wildlife rehab. I work for my sponsor in WA and am flying a male passage RT named Pilate. I'm looking to network with falconers in my area, haven't joined WFA yet, but I just looked it up and am an idiot because I guess dues are way less than I thought. Anyway greetings and hope to find some good connections here.
Corey M.

goshawkr
06-27-2014, 12:22 PM
Hola, I'm an apprentice in Washington state. California born and bred; spent a few years in Massachusetts and North Carolina before hopping back to the west coast. Been working with raptors since I was 12 or so; I'm finally a formal apprentice at 21. I have a background in natural history education, outreach, and wildlife rehab. I work for my sponsor in WA and am flying a male passage RT named Pilate. I'm looking to network with falconers in my area, haven't joined WFA yet, but I just looked it up and am an idiot because I guess dues are way less than I thought. Anyway greetings and hope to find some good connections here.
Corey M.

Hi Corey.

Where in Washington are you from?

The WFA summer picnic is coming up in 3 weeks in Fall City. That will be a great time to meet people.

Cy.MacGregor
06-27-2014, 12:30 PM
I'm in the Olympia area, bout half an hour south. I gotta check the dates but that's pretty good timing, I'll try to get there if I can.

goshawkr
06-27-2014, 01:13 PM
I'm in the Olympia area, bout half an hour south. I gotta check the dates but that's pretty good timing, I'll try to get there if I can.

The picnic officially runs for the whole weekend, but the real action is on Saturday the 19th starting at about noon, and its pretty well run its course by 6 or so.

Cy.MacGregor
06-27-2014, 02:57 PM
Awesome, thanks for the tip. I'm relatively new to the state (just hitting six months here and still feeling totally alien) so I haven't had a chance to meet many of the folks around here.

Also, a secondary addition to my introduction: because I feel it will come up at some point, someone recognizes me from around or what not, I do work at Northwoods. I work in the shop and with the birds. But I am not here to talk business or rep for Northwoods and would appreciate if people respect that. I'm here to talk birds and dogs. If you wanna talk business, then call the business. :)

goshawkr
06-27-2014, 04:29 PM
Awesome, thanks for the tip. I'm relatively new to the state (just hitting six months here and still feeling totally alien) so I haven't had a chance to meet many of the folks around here.

Also, a secondary addition to my introduction: because I feel it will come up at some point, someone recognizes me from around or what not, I do work at Northwoods. I work in the shop and with the birds. But I am not here to talk business or rep for Northwoods and would appreciate if people respect that. I'm here to talk birds and dogs. If you wanna talk business, then call the business. :)

Well then going to the picnic will be a business trip for you. ;)

bdyelm
06-27-2014, 09:27 PM
Hey Corey, I think I emailed you awhile back. I'm in the Yelm/Roy area. :-D

Cy.MacGregor
06-29-2014, 12:44 PM
Hey Corey, I think I emailed you awhile back. I'm in the Yelm/Roy area. :-D
Hi brandon! I remember you, we emailed through craiglist a few times! Sorry I didn't get back to you yesteray, I was in oregon with my fiance picking up a puppy. I answered your PM. Are you planning on going to the WFA picnic?

bdyelm
06-29-2014, 10:24 PM
I will be at the picnic, I went last year too, it was pretty fun. Don't forget a bathing suit as it's on the river!

alfheim
07-16-2014, 09:30 PM
Hey there -
I am just starting out, have found a sponsor and am in the midst of getting my paperwork submitted to the state...I live about an hour south of Olympia, just south of Centralia so perhaps fairly close to you...would love to get connected at some point. I will be at the WFA picnic this Saturday if you are going...
Avery

bdyelm
07-17-2014, 06:05 AM
There's nothing south of Centralia. :-P