PDA

View Full Version : Older, experienced male hybrid

WyoWildlife
07-16-2014, 04:29 PM
I am seeking a home for a male hybrid I inherited from Scott Baker, who was killed in a motorcycle accident this last winter. Bred by Scott in New Mexico, "Norton" was produced from a Peale's female and a grey gyrkin. Norton is an imprint, whose affections have shifted to me in the last few months. I have not handled or worked with this bird, just been feeding. He is approximately 18 years old, but I can check his 186-A for the correct date of hatch.

Norton has killed a pile of sage grouse and ducks, and on his only trip to Nebraska several years ago killed a prairie chicken on the last day of a four-day trip. I would say he is a pretty typical male hybrid.

With a shift away from Scott and his long-time home, I don't know what to expect when he goes to a new owner. Scott was pretty casual with him, not hooding him much, and flying on a sporadic schedule the last few years.

Norton may have several more years of flying, if I can find the right person that is looking for a bird.

Cost would be $200, to cover my expenses of a crate, health certificate, and driving to an airport 4 hours away.

If interested please send to me a description of your experience and your location. I have been entrusted with Norton's future by Scott's family, and it is important to me to find him a good home.

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q582/Wyo_wildlife/ScottandNorton_zpsb701cece.jpg

WyoWildlife
07-19-2014, 10:37 AM
Norton has found a new falconer.

Thanks to everyone that contacted me,
John