PDA

View Full Version : Observations on Modern Falconry by Ronald Stevens

BestBeagler
07-22-2014, 02:05 PM
I have really enjoyed reading this book. I wish I would have read it long ago even as an apprentice. There are some real nuggets of wisdom in this book I find so much of what he writes applicable to my falconry techniques today. Things I have learned the hard way and techniques I have picked up over time so many of them are written within the pages of this book. He really understood the art and practice of falconry I think. I think he must have been a great falconer. A good read and not expensive if you get a reprint on amazon like I did.

Tony James
07-22-2014, 02:29 PM
I have really enjoyed reading this book. I wish I would have read it long ago even as an apprentice. There are some real nuggets of wisdom in this book I find so much of what he writes applicable to my falconry techniques today. Things I have learned the hard way and techniques I have picked up over time so many of them are written within the pages of this book. He really understood the art and practice of falconry I think. I think he must have been a great falconer. A good read and not expensive if you get a reprint on amazon like I did.

Hi Isaac,

I agree. It's a classic amongst falconry literature, which anyone with a receptive mind will find enlightening.

Best wishes,

Tony.

Steve L.
07-22-2014, 03:32 PM
Hey Isaac, I agree completely. I have to say though, I'm surprised you are just now reading this book. Was it not recommended to you as an apprentice? It was required reading from my sponsor.

BestBeagler
07-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Hey Isaac, I agree completely. I have to say though, I'm surprised you are just now reading this book. Was it not recommended to you as an apprentice? It was required reading from my sponsor.

I essentially learned falconry on my own. I was young and books were expensive, still are. My wife surprised me with the book as a birthday gift. There are many books I wish I owned. My next book will be Dr. Riddle's book.

GONEHAWKN
07-22-2014, 06:22 PM
Be it in first edition or reprint, this book is a must read for all falconers as far as I am concerned.

morganaustint
07-23-2014, 09:34 AM
I have a 1975 copy that I'm ashamed to say that Gary Brewer loaned me in 1996! I have got to get it back to him. Anyway all the pages are there... I can copy, scan and e-mail them to you?

carlosR
08-08-2014, 11:56 PM
I remember getting this book and cuddling up with it for many hours as a young, bewildered beginner. This book opened a door onto a whole new world of falconry for me.
Glad you found it.