PDA

View Full Version : Salutations from Orlando!

1of42
08-19-2014, 11:03 PM
Hello there, I'm Katie. Have always been fascinated by raptors and have volunteered at a local raptor rehab facility for a good number of years, on weekends. Finally started doing research on steps to take to get into falconry; it's always intrigued me, so I'm still in the information-intake phase.

This forum is awesome; sure I'll be lurking all over the place here. :D

toneill100
08-20-2014, 06:22 AM
Welcome! Check out the Florida Hawking Fraternity website and the Florida falconers' association page on Facebook. Also if you look under picnic and announcements section of the forum, the FHF is having a picnic in Orlando in September. Good place to meet falconers in your area.

rri32701
08-20-2014, 07:29 AM
What rehab facility have you been volunteering at?Today is supposed to be the last day for non-members to sign up to attend the F-H-F picnic in Sept.For somebody like you its well worth it.

1of42
08-20-2014, 08:45 AM
I volunteer at the Audubon Center for Birds of Prey (in Maitland). It's a great place and so nice to go to after a long week of being in a cubicle.

I contacted the secretary/treasurer of FHF and she suggested I attend the picnic, so I look forward to it! :)

forensics
08-20-2014, 11:37 AM
Nice to have you. Do check out the Florida Falconers Association Page on Facebook as mentioned by Tim Oneill.

tampamatt
08-20-2014, 12:02 PM
Hey Katie! I think I know that vulture in your picture... Stop by my office in the clinic any time if you want to chat about falconry. (welc)

toneill100
08-20-2014, 12:07 PM
Hey Katie! I think I know that vulture in your picture... Stop by my office in the clinic any time if you want to chat about falconry. (welc)

Oh snap! Stealth Falconer in the rehab house!

1of42
08-20-2014, 01:13 PM

Haha, hey Matt! I'm there on Saturdays but I'll try to hunt you down sometime (pun intended). Excited for the Bird Bash!

tampamatt
08-21-2014, 10:18 AM
Oh snap! Stealth Falconer in the rehab house!

I'm the guy to go to for a contrary opinion around here. Works out great because I love being contrary.:D