PDA

View Full Version : Falcon spotted

Butterfly
08-20-2014, 09:50 AM
Falcon with tethers was spotted in Kulpsville, PA. He wanted to come in the building...but just sitting on the wall on the roof all morning.....local authorities are trying to find falconers in our area, but no luck so far....

falcipiter
08-20-2014, 01:27 PM
I just got a call and am trying to get in touch with a person that just picked up a falcon with jesses in the Pottstown area. More to follow when I get the information and contact number.............

Butterfly
08-20-2014, 01:38 PM
I got messaged from the owner of the missing falcon through a Facebook Lost and Found pet page that I posted....he came to sighting, but the falcon had flown.....It then landed at a prison several miles away...they captured it and took it to a local zoo...where somehow the owner was called through one of the contacts and he is there to pick up his falcon! I'll post if I get official news from the owner. :0) Both a young falcon and a young falconer....

falcipiter
08-20-2014, 01:45 PM
Here's the latest: Apparently the bird is now at the Elmwood Zoo in Norristown. The zoo contacted a local Master Falconer (I don't know who.) and they will get the word out. Have no idea as to what the bird is exactly but it had jesses and a leash.

Butterfly
08-20-2014, 10:45 PM
The falcon did find its way to the Elmwood Park Zoo after landing at a local Prison I'm told....The zoo was able to contact the owner and he picked him up late this afternoon. :0) Bryan the owner did confirm that it was a Peregrine Falcon

Breeze
08-21-2014, 08:54 AM
clapp

raptrlvr
08-21-2014, 01:27 PM
Teamwork. My daughter called me from Washington DC yesterday and told me that a couple of her friends that she plays volleyball with had found the bird. They called her because they knew I was a falconer. I called Michael Kuriga and told him, but, by that time the Zoo already had the bird and Butterfly was looking for the owner. This morning when my daughter called, I gave her the good news that the falcon was back in the proper hands. Way to go "Team Falconry."

Hawkmom
08-21-2014, 08:29 PM
Good news that the falcon is back with it's falconer. But, ID tags help!!

I have them for sale on Ebay under Falconry.