PDA

View Full Version : WFA Fall Meet

Sandie_Morehead
08-28-2014, 08:13 PM
Please Save the Date! WFA's Fall Meet will be held Oct 31, Nov 1, and Nov 2nd. More details to come, but for now, you are all aware! Would love to meet people to put faces with names! It's going to be held in Ritzville, WA...so far, that is all I know at this time. I'll keep people updated as I learn more.

Sandie
SW Director, WFA

Barticus
09-02-2014, 02:32 AM
I am really looking forward to this meet.

bdyelm
09-02-2014, 04:27 AM
What usually goes on at these type of meets?

Barticus
09-03-2014, 12:01 AM
I've only been to one, so I am no means an expert. My first year I went with my sponsor and we met up with Mark Hurd. He took us to this huge agricultural scrap yard that was infested with rabbits. We met up with about 8 or 10 other falconers. First off anyone who had a red tail got to take out their bird and everyone else flushed for them. After each red tail had a chance then the Harris hawks came out. Anywhere from 3 to 4 hawks were flown together. It was a great time and I learned a ton. Even if you don't have a bird I suggest you go as you will learn a lot, meet a bunch of good folks and have a great time.

bdyelm
09-03-2014, 02:19 AM
Sounds pretty fun. Does everyone stay at hotels, or is it like the picnic where we camp/rv somewhere? I may have to go.

goshawkr
09-03-2014, 01:42 PM
What usually goes on at these type of meets?

Falconers from all over the state gather at a central location. There is usually a banquet planned for the Saturday evening meal, and the Friday meal is usually a bit less formal as many people are traveling in that day.

Its mostly a great opportunity to hunt with people you don't usually see, or in an environment that you don't usually hunt in.

Ritzeville has an added draw because one of the past Vice Presidents of the WFA secured land owner permission for virtually the entire region. Those land owners are familiar with falconry and welcome us to hunt there - but it is vital that those land owners are respected or that will not continue into the future. By respected, make sure you act like the guest that you are.

Sandie_Morehead
10-11-2014, 01:45 PM
Don't forget to RSVP to your director or Join the Fall Meet event! We must place our final order for the banquet soon and we'd hate for anyone to go hungry!

We have secured Jeremy Bradshaw for this meet's speaker and look forward to hearing what he has to say.

The dinner will be held Saturday 11/1/14 in the conference room in the Cedars Inn at 7pm. The cost will be 23.00 per person. The menu is as follows: BBQ chicken with homemade BBQ sauce, (half a chicken per person), plus baked penne, salad bar, and bread and butter. Cookies for dessert. Sodas and water also provided.

The Meet is being held at the Cedars Inn, in Ritzville http://www.cedarsinnritzville.com/

You can call them at 1.509.659.1007

The WFA special is $64 a night and waiving the pet fee, for a one bed, double occupancy. Looks like I'll be down there the night of October 31, and the 1st, with check out on the 2nd as I have to work on the 3rd.

Please notify your Directors of your attendance and the number in your party. We need to get the numbers down for the banquet.