PDA

View Full Version : Buteos and Bushytails Book up for aution 9/10/14

Talonsgrip
09-11-2014, 11:09 AM
My copy of Buteos and Bushytails is up for auction on Ebay. Auction ends the evening of Saturday, September 20.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buteos-and-Bushytails-Falconry-Book-Squirrel-hawking-Gary-L-Brewer-signed-/171448172829?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item27eb1b811d

I hated to do it, but funds are needed for a new mews.

rtsqrl(dog)

Details
Buteos and Bushytails was the first book of its kind on the subject of flying Red-tailed and Harris Hawks at the big squirrels of eastern Texas and throughout US squirrel territory and it continues to be the most recommended squirrel hawking book by US state and national falconry associations. Based on 20 years of experience, this book is interesting reading for any falconer, whether you would hunt squirrels or not, and vital for any falconer looking to become a great squirrel hawker. It Includes chapters on hawk and prey, training, free lofting, specialized equipment, hunting techniques and problem solving. 16 color/17 black and white photos. Hard cover. 136 pp.

Gary L. Brewer is a master squirrel hawker and an excellent writer on the subject of squirrels hawking. Many squirrels have been taken with redtail hawks and Harris hawks using Gary's methods. The methods are easy to learn and work well. Hunting squirrels with a raptor is a bit different than hunting cottontails. It's usually a faster-paced adrenaline rush for you and your bird. Those furry little beasts are smarter, faster and tougher than you might think.
I really hope that a new apprentice squirrel hawker gets it. There are about three times as many squirrels as there are people on Earth. Train up and bag some squirrels!

GONEHAWKN
09-11-2014, 12:55 PM
Might be a tough sale considering this:

https://www.westernsporting.com/FB2014/Buteos-and-Bushytails-Gary-Brewer-Hardbound-Signed-Copies_Out-of-Print-Collectible.html

Talonsgrip
09-11-2014, 05:55 PM
From what I was told, that copy isn't available anymore and an update was needed to the page. I'll have to check with Western and see. Thanks!

JRedig
09-11-2014, 06:38 PM
Sign your posts.

gos'n
09-11-2014, 08:11 PM
$199!!!
Hell, we've got one you can have for $100, and I'll throw in the shipping.

gos'n
09-12-2014, 09:14 PM
$199!!!
Hell, we've got one you can have for $100, and I'll throw in the shipping.

While my post was meant to show my shock at the price of a book with limited practical value, it did lead to the book being sold.

robhawkyyz
09-12-2014, 09:58 PM
it's going down in price here...http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_5?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=buteos%20and%20bushytails&sprefix=buteo%2Cstripbooks%2C213

Talonsgrip
09-13-2014, 03:38 AM
I contacted Western Sporting Publications and it was confirmed that they have one copy of Buteos and Bushytails available for $199.00. The initial info I got on their availability was not correct. dohh I dropped the starting price on my Ebay auction below that and removed the reserve. :D