PDA

View Full Version : hey yall! from Tx

crozierk
09-16-2014, 02:30 PM
Howdy everybody, my name is Kyle. I am a student at Texas A&M, graduating at the end of this school year. I finally made an account because I am close to graduation and ready to begin looking for some actual field time with a falconer. I have some basic knowledge, I own and have been reading through North American Falconry and Hunting Hawks by Beebee and Webster, as well as hawks, falcons and falconry by Beebee. I'm about to send in dues and apply to join the THA as well. Really was just curious to see if there was anyone in the college station area flying. Would also be interested in hearing from any folks in the Houston or fort Worth/Dallas area. Houston isn't to far and my girlfriend is from Argyle(near fort Worth) so any of these areas would be fairly easy for me to meet up with folks and get some more first hand knowledge. Anyways, hope everyone is having a great day, would love to hear from yall!

xjturnerx
09-16-2014, 03:45 PM
I'm near bastrop

crozierk
09-16-2014, 05:10 PM
oh ok awesome! thats pretty close! what kinds of quarry do you usually fly at?

Bird_Dog
09-16-2014, 06:19 PM
Consider attending both the NAFA annual field meet in Lubbock and the THA Winter field meet. There will be plenty of opportunities to learn about falconry, go hawking, and make friends.

-- Scott

crozierk
09-16-2014, 06:39 PM
I will definitely be attempting to attend both of those. Didnt realize NAFA's was down here in Texas. Hillsboro is a lot closer to me so will definitely be attending that one.

RyanAnt
09-17-2014, 12:18 AM
I am going to Sul Ross State lol. If you ever make it this way, give me a shout.

crozierk
09-17-2014, 12:23 AM
Haha I know some folks in that area, definitely will keep you in mind if I'm in that neck of the woods!

ukroper
09-17-2014, 02:54 PM
WELCOME!..Yall,...(welc)I will be in Fortworth in November
Then on down to Lubbock..peaceeIm easily recognised..ill be the one in the orange Tshirt!!!!..

HOOK'UM HORNS.......toungeouttoungeout

Eagle Owl
09-17-2014, 07:28 PM
As a fellow Aggie, you already know NOT to trust ANYONE wearing TU orange! painkillerr

My husband and I are in Fort Worth and will be getting the hawks going around mid October. If you are in the area, we are happy to have you beat the brush with us. Once a THA member, you can get access to the member list and find falconers that are closer to you. I know of at least three falconers in the B/CS area.

thunderheartiii
09-17-2014, 07:40 PM
Hello and (welc) to NAFEX!!! Enjoy your new lifestyle......