PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Midwest NAFA field meet and Skytrial

Maverick976
09-20-2014, 10:01 AM
GLFA And the IFA are hosting the Midwest NAFA field meet and sky trial in February! Please see the event page for more information. http://greatlakesfalconers.org/NAFA/GLFA-MIDWEST-STATES-MEET

mcogar88
09-20-2014, 11:34 AM
So.........Will there be a red-tail class in the sky trails, because last time I checked we have a shortage of long wingers in the Midwest. peacee

Maverick976
09-20-2014, 11:49 AM
So.........Will there be a red-tail class in the sky trails, because last time I checked we have a shortage of long wingers in the Midwest. peacee

Between Kirk and Steve there are atleast 10 birds:D

mainefalconer
09-20-2014, 12:58 PM
Please see NAFA policy 68-001:

DEMONSTRATION FLIGHTS/SKY TRIALS Demonstration flights may be scheduled by the Meet Chairman or his or her designee at his or her discretion for the benefit of public education. However, under no circumstances, shall live quarry of any type be used in such demonstration flights in keeping with Paragraph 1 of the Purpose of this policy.
NAFA sanctioned sky trials, using live quarry of any type, are not permitted.
Members of the public, by invitation, and any landowner may accompany falconers to hunt wild quarry in accordance with the Purpose of this policy and in keeping with applicable local, state and federal game laws.

Maverick976
09-20-2014, 01:28 PM
Please see NAFA policy 68-001:

DEMONSTRATION FLIGHTS/SKY TRIALS Demonstration flights may be scheduled by the Meet Chairman or his or her designee at his or her discretion for the benefit of public education. However, under no circumstances, shall live quarry of any type be used in such demonstration flights in keeping with Paragraph 1 of the Purpose of this policy.
NAFA sanctioned sky trials, using live quarry of any type, are not permitted.
Members of the public, by invitation, and any landowner may accompany falconers to hunt wild quarry in accordance with the Purpose of this policy and in keeping with applicable local, state and federal game laws.

I'm not sure why this was posted?

Jason123
09-20-2014, 02:59 PM
I think he's telling you that throwing pigeons under a falcon at a nafa meet with a crowd of onlookers is not going to happen. Unless you have some kind of remote controlled racing pigeon. Never know just saying.

Maverick976
09-20-2014, 03:03 PM
Ok that is not for me to decide or to debate in an announcement. Thanks

mcogar88
09-20-2014, 05:18 PM
I don't mean to be that guy but isn't throwing a live pigeon underneath a falcon kind of the point of the sky trails. By the way, I'm a huge fan of sky trials, not hating on them. Just interested.

mcogar88
09-20-2014, 05:20 PM
The judged sequence of each flight is determined from the time the falcon is cast off to the time it catches or gives up on the competition pigeon, and the falconer has reported to the head judge with his or her falcon. A total of 15 minutes is allowed for this flight. Any other flying beyond this is not judged, and points will be deducted at 1 point per minute for going overtime. During this flight, the falcon will be judged onpitch, stoop and the pursuit after the stoop.