PDA

View Full Version : hello from Southeast Michigan

snowgoose007
09-20-2014, 05:16 PM
Hello, everyone,

I am not a falconer, but I am here in search of literature about the sport. Could anyone recommend some canonical or formative works that helped open up the world and the demands of falconry?

Secondly, I would very much like to get in touch with local falconers in my area, hear their stories, and get some first-hand accounts of the falconer's lifestyle, the birds, the hunts, methods, routines, etc.

My goal by spring at the absolute latest is to visit a specific hunting landscape and to see a bird and a falconer at work together.

So if you have any literature suggestions, or if you are a Michigan falconer or know someone who is, let me know. I would love to learn from you.

Sincerely,
Sheerah Cole

DirtHawker
09-20-2014, 07:37 PM
If you have time go Hawkfest at Lake Erie Metropark. It will still be on tomorrow. The Michigan Hawking Club mans an exhibit there. Great place to see some wild birds and falconry birds. Also visit the Michigan Hawking Club website for information.
Sue

snowgoose007
09-20-2014, 10:39 PM
Thanks so much, Sue! I had no idea that a HawkFest was going on right now. =) I will be there!

sheerah

harrishawk_79
09-20-2014, 11:33 PM
Im in taylor Michigan and u could possibly go out and help fly with me and my apprentices this yr pm me

sharptail
09-21-2014, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=snowgoose007;334959]Hello, everyone,

I am not a falconer, but I am here in search of literature about the sport.

For what purpose? Pardon my suspicious nature, but are you friend or foe? Your post does not make clear that your intentions are not anti-falconry in nature. Not everyone on this site is falconry friendly.

harrishawk_79
09-21-2014, 07:44 PM
She didn't pm as I was going to invite her out

snowgoose007
09-23-2014, 10:06 PM
She didn't pm as I was going to invite her outHi, Harold --

I was just about to PM you.

I ended up attending the HawkFest last Saturday, and meeting & connecting with some other local Michigan falconers. If you're still open to taking me along as well, I'd be grateful.

Unfortunately I'm still figuring out how this forum works, and I don't always receive notifications when someone replies to me.

Sheerah

snowgoose007
09-23-2014, 10:10 PM
For what purpose? Pardon my suspicious nature, but are you friend or foe? Your post does not make clear that your intentions are not anti-falconry in nature. Not everyone on this site is falconry friendly.

Hi Jeff,

I adore falconry. I know that at this present point in my life I am unable to devote the time and space to becoming an apprentice, but the lifestyle is something I want to research and possibly pursue a few years down the road. And in the meantime, I want to learn how to hunt.

Does that answer your question?

Sheerah

sharptail
09-23-2014, 11:57 PM
Yup...welcome aboard.

harrishawk_79
09-24-2014, 04:46 PM
Yes I sent you a pm again