PDA

View Full Version : Back on the wing

Venomlust
10-01-2014, 01:37 PM
Hey friends, it's been a long time since I've posted/used the forums. Life got the better of my falconry, and I've sort of had a crummy season. School plans changed, career plans changed, family got sick, girlfriend's (now fiancee's!) mother passed away, moved into a new place... I'm sure you know how it goes. Things happen. My passion for pretty much everything was destroyed, and I've been working my way back to my usual self.

My second red tail, Omar, was great. The season wasn't, but that's ok. Still got a kick out of trapping, training, and hunting with a magnificent bird. Omar has been released to the wild so hopefully he can spread those handsome genes of his.

I received my General class license, so that is a big life accomplishment for me. My sponsor is a great guy and I'm lucky to have been his apprentice.

At any rate, I'm ready to get back into the swing of things, and will hopefully be trapping a kestrel very soon. I've bought a repeating sparrow trap to start packing the freezer and will hopefully have something to share with you all.

I hope everyone's been good, in regards to falconry and the rest of life. I look forward to catching up on people's falconry logs and seeing all the exciting stuff I missed!

MrBill
10-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Welcome back, Alex.

Bill Boni