View Full Version : Not new, but back!

Eragon
10-14-2014, 09:18 PM
Hey everybody!

I've been gone for quite a while due to a combination of college and some personal stuff. I'm still flying my red-tail Adelaide here in Boise. I'm looking forward to catching up with everybody and the forum!

Billy Blackwolf
10-14-2014, 09:29 PM
Hey everybody!

I've been gone for quite a while due to a combination of college and some personal stuff. I'm still flying my red-tail Adelaide here in Boise. I'm looking forward to catching up with everybody and the forum!

Hi Ryan, Good to hear from you . Don't feel bad I have not been on here much. Trapped a new Red-tail and today we went hunting for the first time and he was AWESOME to hunt with. Rambo got his FIRST BLOOD (rabbit kill) first hunt first rabbit kill off the T-perch. Any ways looking forward to see you on here . STAY STRONG my friend:D

Eragon
10-14-2014, 09:43 PM
Congrats on the new bird Billy! I'm glad to see you're still around! I kinda miss the hawking back there!

Jason123
10-14-2014, 09:54 PM
Holy smokes you still rocking that red tail. That's awesome. I kinda wish I woulda kept my first. She was fun. I was bit by the bug to try others. Good to hear from ya.

Lowachi
10-14-2014, 10:06 PM
welcome home

Eragon
10-14-2014, 10:48 PM
I keep getting the itch to fly another, but I have trouble giving her up. She's a great gamehawk. And she's still sitting on that perch you made me!

Thanks Rich! It was good to see you at the Rendezvous.

sharptail
10-15-2014, 12:35 AM
Hey Ryan, welcome back! How is life in Boise?

Eragon
10-15-2014, 02:26 AM
Hi Jeff! Things here are pretty good! Looking forward to getting the season started. How are things with you?

sharptail
10-15-2014, 09:47 AM
Things are lookin up. The Jerkin caught his first duck of the season yesterday. We have had a couple of flights at Sharptail...one looked pretty good with a nice hard pumpin vertical that should have connected, but no grouse in the bag. Got some stiff competition from a gun hunter that thinks that all of the grouse should be in his freezer, before he leaves for Galviston Island for the winter, and a little fishing. It is a good thing that there are more fish to catch than sharptail to shoot. Gotta love those fair weather Wyoming hunters. I just got a report from the field this morning...looks like today is a blowout for wind. We are expecting a high temp of 80, yikes. My daughter in Boise picked up a breeding pair of Barbarys. Nice birds, the Tercel is very tall and lean looking and the falcon has a sweet disposition and was over 700 gr when we got her home.

taytayhawky
10-15-2014, 12:50 PM
Hello everyone!

The name is Tay and I'm in St Petersburg Florida and I've been interested in finding a Master Falconer that would let me apprentice under them.

I mainly rescue, rehab, and release wildlife specializing in bird of prey!

I care for and work with 2 bald eagles, the oldest black vulture in captivity, RTHA, RSHA, Crows. In the past I've worked with and cared for a crested Caracara, Turkey Vultures, Kestrals,Screech owls, Barred Owls, Great horned owl.

I also follow the Raptors in captivity book very closely for our Avaian Ambassadors.

I've had local fish and game send me info on falconry as well!

But I'd really love to get into the sport of falconry and have knowledge of care and enclosure specs. I'd love to have that bond with a falconry bird as the birds at the park bonded with me. So if anyone has suggestions on where I should go from here please let me know!

Thanks everyone!

sharptail
10-16-2014, 12:27 PM
Hello everyone!

The name is Tay and I'm in St Petersburg Florida and I've been interested in finding a Master Falconer that would let me apprentice under them.

I mainly rescue, rehab, and release wildlife specializing in bird of prey!

I care for and work with 2 bald eagles, the oldest black vulture in captivity, RTHA, RSHA, Crows. In the past I've worked with and cared for a crested Caracara, Turkey Vultures, Kestrals,Screech owls, Barred Owls, Great horned owl.

I also follow the Raptors in captivity book very closely for our Avaian Ambassadors.

I've had local fish and game send me info on falconry as well!

But I'd really love to get into the sport of falconry and have knowledge of care and enclosure specs. I'd love to have that bond with a falconry bird as the birds at the park bonded with me. So if anyone has suggestions on where I should go from here please let me know!

Thanks everyone!Hello Tey
You should repost this under introductions where it will be seen by a wider audience. There are several Florida falconers here on NAFEX. You should contact the Florida state clubs and arrange to attend one of their meets and make your connections from there. It is likely that falconers will need to meet with you before agreeing to sponsor you.

All the best!

FredFogg
10-16-2014, 01:31 PM
(welc) back Ryan! I hope you are having a great time in college! Enjoy it now because jobs and family life can really get in the way of our falconry! LOL :eek: